SF Bay Area/Peninsula April 20 Offline

Anyone have a preference for place?
Monday might be the best day for me.

Dan, go for Monday. Let’s go back to Paul Martin’s. Steak goes really well with Caymus.

[beg.gif]

However, all will be forgiven if you bring a bottle of '75 (which I had recently and was spec-ta-cu-lar). Or '73…or '77…or '78…

Ok - I will plan for Monday April 20.
I will give them a call soon - unless anyone has any strong opinions about another place.
I am fairly indifferent, but figured Paul Martin’s to be an easy place to get to (walking distance to Caltrain for anyone using it).

Geoff,
Which bridge are you referring to?
San Mateo bridge?
Dumbarton bridge? [wink.gif]

Dan…was referring to the Golden Gate, guess that shows how little I still know about the area - don’t even know where the 2 bridges you mentioned are! Have to go google map it.

Sounds like I’ll have to miss this one then, that’s a long drive!

Geoff maybe reach out to Rob if he’s coming. He lives in Marin Co. I believe.

Theme?

I know you guys just did a MI night, but I’d still propose an (older) Burg event. I’ve been drinking a lot of California wines lately, have a hankering for some Burgs.

Rich,
I think we are always up for Burgundy, but perhaps some of the group have limited (or no) supply.
Either way, count me in for bringing Burgundy - I have some 2000-2002 GCs.
Personally I am ok with people bringing what they can.

Dan I should be good for the 20th as of right now. Just need to figure out what to bring. I think I have some wineries anniversary whine I could bring.

Dan – no worries at all. I kind of like a “bring something interesting and good” theme – this group always produces wines worthy of our time and taste buds!

Hey everyone -
I finally got in touch with the new manager (3rd one since we were there).
He basically said his restaurant is not set up to do tastings/dinners like ours.
He gave us a 2 bottle limit with $10 corkage.
Gave some stupid policy about being able to do it if we were vendors, something about marketing etc.
So this won’t work (man, that place goes thru managers like crazy).

Anyway, we need to find another place to eat.

Anyone have ideas, preferences?

The upstairs room at Left Bank in Menlo Park is quite nice. They would normally do larger groups but if we were about 10 on a night when they normally wouldn’t use it I expect they would do it. I’m not sure about corkage. I had my wife’s birthday party there in November. I think their minimum food/drink was $500.

The back room at Menlo Grill was also a good spot.

Menlo Grill was great, if we can get that back room. Happy to try Left Bank (is that what replaced Marche, or is that Left Bank Steak? Either way, sounds good. Happy to have a Burg wine theme for anyone who wants to bring Burg, and an “other” theme for anyone who doesn’t :slight_smile:

Left Bank has been there for years. It would be LB Steak that’s new. LB is plain French bistro food.

If Harold is bringing Maybach, I might have to bring a Bordeaux to counteract the imbalance in the Force (though I’m eager to try it).

If Rich is there, I’m definitely bringing Maybach.

No preference for venue.

Too bad Paul Martin’s fell through. Of course it’s their call, but I figure if their website lets you click on a number as large as 20 for reservations, doing 12 with our own wine should be doable logistically. I’m guessing this is manager dependent.

Hah! I don’t know how I can live up to this. I guess I can rummage up a Caymus 39th Anniversary special. Or maybe something else.

I think we’ll be ok as long as Master Gleason restores balance to the Force.

Let’s do Menlo Grill.
I think last time Larry was the point person.
Larry,
Do you have time to call?
If not, let me know.

I don’t have time just this minute. I’ll email later the manager later tonight or tomorrow.

Stay tuned…