Seattle Restaurants Recommendation

Thanks folks. I’m well armed with info. Looking forward to experimenting.

Don’t forget Canlis. it has a nice wine list too.

In the wake of the wine country fires, I feel somewhat guilty posting this restaurant review. That said, Spinasse was a home run—an all timer. Two mini pasta dishes were each more than memorable. The beef cheeks entre over a celery purée was so good I could have easily ordered and eaten 3 more. Whoever steered me in that direction, my hat’s off to you

Going to be in Seattle in 2 weeks. Looking for some casual lunch places for a Thurs and Friday. Would like something unique to Seattle (or the coast), but food quality is more important. Also, will be dining solo.

I’d go to Matt’s in the Market. then walk down the hill to choukette eclair’art for dessert

Good call. I’d second that.

If your priority is food over ambiance, I don’t think there’s a much better lunch spot than Il Corvo: http://ilcorvopasta.com/ . They do 3 different homemade pastas every day, plus some other random stuff. The pasta is incredible every time, in my experience.

The downside is that it’s a pretty small space, and is a little too popular for its own good. I hear that these days the wait can be around 45 minutes, depending on when you go. It won’t give you the view of a location around Pike Place, either.

Let me throw some other things out that might be of interest. (And I encourage others in the area to comment, as I have not been to many of these in a while). I assume you are coming from Minnesota? If so, then perhaps you want local seafood?

Matt’s in the Market is thus a good bet.

Brooklyn Oyster House is a good place for oysters.

If you want really great Vietnamese food in a hip setting, Ba Bar (in Capitol Hill, so depends on where you are staying).

No Anchor has gotten some good reviews for good beers and good food – I have never been so can’t even give a dated recommendation! https://www.noanchorbar.com/menu/

Yes, visiting from Minnesota. Seafood is a high priority.

Go to happy hour at Taylor Shellfish.

Yes, that is a good suggestion. Also up in Capitol Hill. You could go there and then to Sitka and Spruce right next door.

BluAcre also has a pretty good happy hour, though Taylor is better i think. Though you should know that Taylor will not have a wide selection of other food other than oysters and perhaps a few other pieces of seafood.

true and their non oyster dishes are just OK, depending on the cook that day. get a dz oysters, move along.

Note also that you’re here during Seattle Restaurant Week, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your perspective. Here’s a list of participating restaurants and their menus: https://srw.seattletimes.com/

If California fires have you feeling sheepish about posting things you enjoy, don’t read world news. Any day.

Has anyone been to Assagio Ristorante recently? I remember having a very, very good expeirence there years and years ago, but I haven’t been since. I walked by it yesterday and, frankly, forgot about it. I’d love to hear any first-hand experiences.

The story above was such a fond memory. My (now) wife and I (then girlfriend) were going out for a “splurge” dinner at the Metropolitan Grill. I was very new in my career and had no business dropping that kind of money on dinner, but we love great food and wine, so we were treating oursevles. We showed up only to find someone standing out front telling patrons that the restaurant had to unexpectedly close for the night (I can’t remember the exact reason…electricity or gas or something). We were so sad. I’m not sure how, but we ended up at Assagio. It was packed and we obviously didn’t have a reservation. We were treated so warmly, and they said, “Just give us a few minutes.” They pulled a small two-person table out, set it in a corner, and treated us like royalty. I’m sure that affected the food, but it was delicious as I recall.

I hope it’s still good and doing well in this competitive market.

Been twice and loved it, but also 5+ years ago. I remember having a Cantina Del Pino Barbaresco Ovello for $76. not sure why that sticks out so much.

That’s good to hear, Mark. I mentioned this to my wife last night, and she reminded me that Metropolitan Grill was closed due to structural damage from the Nisqually earthquake! So, I haven’t been in 16 years!!! Boy, was I off. I’m glad to hear it’s still good.

The steak house Met grill? It’s still open! :slight_smile:.

It has been closed much of the past year for remodel, but is either back open or close to re-opening now. Too lazy to check which…

I know it’s still open. I’ve been quite a bit since 2001, the last time being late 2016.