Seattle - Friday October 3rd

A fun night. Thanks to everyone and to Eric for hosting. The porcinis were awesome!

Thanks for hosting Eric… beautiful place you have.
Great meeting everyone!

And thanks Lee for the Porcini… they were amazing!

I’ll add my thanks to Eric and Lee, and to everyone for their wine contributions. I’m glad Ramon was able to join in.
I’d be happy to host one of these events soon, and give Eric a break from the glassware duties.
Is anyone free on Halloween?

P Hickner

Bummer I missed this … Shows I need to get on this board more often as I just noticed this thread. Perhaps next time.

Nice evening, great to see everyone again and meet Ramon. I think those porcini expanded in my stomach overnight, I woke up Saturday completely full still.

List of wines follows below, as usual I took no real notes, just enjoyed the wines. Amazingly all the bottles were again good/sound with the possible exception of the Dunn - a bit closed/bretty/muted ? Interested in others thoughts on that. Anyway overall very solid for wines of this age. Loved the 64 Krug, it brought back the old days.

Was not surprised the Stony Hill showed well - all the mid/late 90s ones i’ve had over the last couple years have been very good. Thought the Arcadian was nice too - i’ve had a fair amount of his pinot and syrah over the years but only a couple chardonnays.

Whites:
1998 Stony Hill Chardonnay
2007 Arcadian Chardonnay Sleepy Hollow Vineyard

Reds:
1964 Charles Krug Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Vintage Selection
1978 William Hill Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Mt. Veeder
1987 Clos du Val Cabernet Sauvignon Stags Leap District
1990 B.R. Cohn Cabernet Sauvignon Olive Hill Estate Vineyards
1992 Dunn Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain
2001 Château Boswell Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Reserve Cole Wood River
2005 Arietta Red Wine H Block Hudson Vineyards

As an aside, 1964 was a year before Peter and Robert Mondavi had their big split.

P Hickner

I need to check the offline section more often – I have not done a good job of connecting with Seattle locals and would have enjoyed joining you all. I’ll keep an eye out for the next one!

Cheers,

Ron

Only one person, Eric, responded about Oct.31, and now it looks like I will be out of town that weekend.
I am, however, free to host at my place on Capitol Hill on Nov. 7. That will be the last time I’m free until December.

P Hickner

Peter - it now turns out that I will be travelling on the 7th so can’t make that date. I’ll post something for another date in Nov, recognizing that you can’t make it. Let’s connect again soon.