Santa Fe recommendations?

Just remember, Chaco Canyon is no where near Santa Fe and is quite a trek to get to. We don’t even consider it a day trip from Santa Fe.

Try Izanami at 10,000 Waves. It is Izakaya food and my friends own it. There are 3 people studying for Master Somm there and the best Sake collection that I have seen outside of Japan.

That is excellent news! [dance-clap.gif] Thank you!

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Tried two relatively new restaurants for dinner. First, we tried “Radish and Rye”, a new Farm to table establishment. Food was quite nice and cocktails were unique and superb. We also tried " Bouché" a French bistro that I felt was superb.

Cheers!
Marshall :wink:

Bouche is very nice. The chef and owner, Charles Dale, is a good guy who wants to serve good food. The wine list is pretty straightforward and reasonable. It’s a bistro setting, with “gourmet” bistro food.

Haven’t hit Radish & Rye yet; it’s on the list.

Had lunch at Loyal Hound earlier this week. The atmosphere isn’t much, and it’s not downtown, but the food is surprisingly tasty (I had the braised short rib nachos, my wife had a very excellent BLT on premise-baked bread). They have both a strong beer list as well as a solid wine list (bottle and the glass), although there’s some LCD stuff on the list; there’s more than a few gems, IMO. I know they do dinner, and I just can’t imagine going there for dinner, but as a lunch spot, it’s pretty great, especially if you are already in that part of town.

I also recently ate at Geronimo, and I have to admit it’s as average as I remember. The service was just ok (normally and reputationally a standout); they brought both my wife and I the wrong soup, and never brought one of the sides. My food was pretty average - although it’s the same team at Coyote, I think CC is much, much better. The soft shell crab BLT appetizer was the highlight, the chowder was very bland and uneventful, and the pork tenderloin “wellington” was completely unremarkable. My wife’s beef tenderloin was a bit better, but overall, it was not a great experience, and reminded me why it’s taken years to revisit what many consider to (a)(the) premier restaurant in the City Different. If it was cheaper, I suppose I might feel differently, but when I can pay the same/less and eat at Arroyo Vino, Coyote Cafe, or Anasazi, why go to Geronimo?

Alex; We ate at Loyal Hound yesterday. Very nice appetizers and then we had the fish tacos, fish & chips, and lamb burger special.

Today we had breakfast at the new location Tecolote Cafe…always good.

Today, just snacking from the new Cheese Monger and leftovers. neener

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

P.S…Never a fan of Geronimo and their wine mark ups. Also not fond of the new Coyote Cafe as we were big Mark Miller fans.

There are at least 4 full/part time Santa Fe WB’ers in this thread right now. I would be happy to host an offline if people are interested. Perhaps sometime in September or October? It is also possible we could co-opt a local dining establishment; I know the guys pretty well at Arroyo Vino, for example.

Heading over in about two weeks… any updates on new sites for great dinners?

Thanks!
Andrew

Not much new, exactly.

Bouche Bistro and Restaurant Martin I would strongly recommended.

L’Olivier less so.

Joseph’s is very nice.