SAn JOse, CA-area BYO wine dinner Potsticker King Fri. Feb. 13: Still On

See first post for list of attendees so far.

Still on?

What time?

Am I on mute?

Or mute?

I need a time too or will assume it is off… unless Alan and Craig want to sit in the parking lot and drink. I recall there being some mature trees near the road. We can sit up against them. I’ve got some acrylic stems I can bring.[cheers.gif]

Arrive 6 pm but this is one offline where being late shouldn’t matter. I’ll be there at 5:30. Oh ye of little faith…

Sounds good. See you there.

Damn, I wanted to sit in the parking lot and drink out of plastic cups.

Would love to sit in on this, but 6 pm is just too darn early for us Euro types…and southbound on a Friday night of a 3 day weekend is going to be a pig. [wow.gif]

Nice to see everyone, and a pretty fair set of wines for the venue, which was great! Thanks George for organizing and everybody for the wines.

Lots a great wines last night and nice to be back at the Pot Sticker King for the first time in years.

Thanks for organizing it, George!

Nice to catch up with everyone, particularly George! Conversation will never be dull when George is at the table champagne.gif

Lots of really good wines, great variety, thanks to everyone for such interesting contributions. A few pictures:

Nice pics. It was fun hanging out with everybody, drinking excellent wines, and listening to George talk all night.

The best part was the look on Susan’s face when I tried to get George to drink his giant dump-bucket glass.

I started a TN thread on the main board

I was excited!

I just finished the last little bit of that Soliste Ambroisie. I still don’t know what to think of it but it gradually dropped some of the happy fruitiness it showed when we first had it. It looks to be nearly immortal: There was no real sign of oxidation even though the last several days were spent with only an ounce in the bottle.

I was a little surprised at the initial showing. I drank the '11 Foret about a week before and it was indistinguishable from Burgundy to me.

In the meantime I opened their 2012 L’Age D’Or Chardonnay. That is a really impressive wine, maybe the best I’ve had from CA (and not so crazy expensive at $50). It has that grippy texture I love in Chardonnay, not quite to the level of Raveneau but in that direction.

I thought that Ambroisie was ridiculously young and awkward even at the end of the evening. The oak (which to me is clearly not excessive) is still separate from the juice.

And I think I repeated that 42 times. Along with other opinions. I hugged the syrah at one point. I might buy some of that Italian wine Pat brought. Probably will.