San Francisco -- September 16

That’s ok. I’ll tell my wife I decided to spend time with the family instead of drinking wine and bank a few “attaboys.” My balance is running perilously low in the wake of harvest.

Would people prefer a white or a red? I could bring one of the following:
2002 Domaine Amiot Guy et Fils Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Caillerets
2002 Verget Chablis 1er Cru Vaillons Vieilles Vignes des Minots
2002 Simon Bize Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru Les Fourneaux

I hope some young’uns fit into the lineup ok, I’m thinking of bringing (under the price cap combined):

2010 Cecile Tremblay Bourgogne La Croix Blanche
2011 Henri Jouan Bourgogne Passetoutgrains

Ashish,

All of those look interesting, but my vote would be the 2002 Simon Bize Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru Les Fourneaux

No worries. Either of these would be welcome.

Sorry to have been MIA, and looking forward to meeting you all tonight. What name is the reservation under?

Bringing a 2011 Matrot Meursault Chevelieres

See you guys soon.

That was fun - really enjoyed eating, drinking and laughing with you guys. Thanks to everyone for bringing very interesting wine. Nice meeting the new guys - glad you joined in - look forward to more.

The theme made for an interesting evening. I felt all of the “value” Burgundies showed very well for their price points and, though it was a small sample, showed it’s definitely possible to get solid, food friendly red and white Burgundy without having to mortgage the house.

Thanks also to Rich for violating all of the rules by bringing some Grand Cru Burgundy and Chablis. Very bad boy! :slight_smile:

So… what’s for October? [basic-smile.gif]

I’m in for October whatever it is, please :slight_smile:

California Cabs and blends from pre-1998?

A vertical of Ridge Monte Bello?

Wines from Santa Cruz Mountains?

Oh, wow. All of those sounds great. It’s a busy month for me, but I’ll try to make it if I can.

Same here – interesting and fun ideas, yet a terribly busy month for me. I’ll try to make it!

Hey stop right there Rob. The Chablis was in budget!

Gotta love Chablis! [cheers.gif]

I should be in for the Oct offline depending on date. I’m not supposed to travel again until November.

Ok, I’ll start a thread.