San Francisco Offline - May 2014 - CANCELLED

I can do Loire Chenin Blanc but not really sure about the other members. As for Sicily and Sardinia I love Etna Rosso but don’t have any currently right now. Let’s see what the other chime in on, we might have to go for something a bit more accessible to the others.

• J

I have some young vintage Huet, but not much else for Chenin. I’m OK with any theme as long as bottles are sourceable from local stores (K&L, etc). I know I missed the Italian dinner, but I would be up for one of those. We could also do themes that aren’t based around a region. Stuff like: Bring the wine you have the most bottles of in the cellar, or bring a wine that is your last bottle of something, or bring a wine that you’ve been waiting for the right event to open (make the event this one!), or bring a wine that you got your largest “discount” on, or bring a wine from your favorite chateau vertical, or any number of other things…

Hey guys, we need to sort of get a venue decided ASAP if we are going to push trough with the 27th. I will try to contact The Palace but please recommend other places as well as I am not sure if I can get a reservation at the Palace. Also let’s confirm who is definitely coming so we can have a accurate headcount for the reservation and let’s try to decide on a theme.

• Joel

I’m in for 5/27. Let me know if you want me to contact Bella trattoria.

Ashish,

Still did not get a reply from The Palace so we will probably go with Bella, as for the date, the 27th or 28th works for me (better if 28th). As for the theme, I am good with Italian as well since Bella is an Italian restaurant. Others, please chime in now so we can make this happen.

• Joel

Ok. Let’s get a decent attendance count in the next few days and I will call for the reservation over the weekend.

I’m on the fence for this.

Enjoy! I can’t make this date but hope to join SF WBs in the future.

I’m afraid I’ll have to be out for this. Just returned from vacation and not feeling too good at all. :frowning:

Hmm… Small offline? Just a few of us on May 28th? We can do it themeless: just bring something you like to share. Let me know if we have a count for Bella…

Just to throw in another restaurant for future reference, Caffe Macaroni in Financial district.

It is a small cozy italian place near north beach. I was there a few weeks ago and chatted with the owner. He does do wine dinner. I saw a picture of recent one on his phone, it looks pretty legit.

You can either email him or call him to make a reservation and tell him the kind of wine you will bring. He will prepare dish accordingly and I remember he quoted me $50 per person, not sure whether he charges extra corkage.

Sorry guys, will have to bow out on this one. Just found out about my business trip the week after. Gonna have to pull longer working days this week. Have fun and enjoy the rest of your long weekend!

Turns out I won’t be able to make it either due to a customer meeting.

I’m assuming this isn’t happening. Maybe June?

Unfortunately this seems to be the case, also June is a bit complicated since Matt is visiting from Chicago and people are planning to do an offline at Absinthe, hence people will probably just go there as it is hard to do two offlines in one month. See thread in Offline forum for more details.