San Francisco -- October 14

I’d be very happy to go back to Zazie. The food is great and even when we pay corkage their prices seem very reasonable to me.

Palace is a great option.

I was also going to say I know the group went to Zazie last time, but it’s one of my favorites so could be great to go again.

How do we decide?

I liked Zazie, would be happy to go there again.

I support Zazie but I checked OpenTable and the only 6-person reservation is 5pm.

Based on that, I’m going to make an executive decision and say The Palace, @6:45. I made a reservation.

I’m fine with either, but our timing is bad for Zazie, which has free corkage on unlimited bottles on Tues. Otherwise, it’s $20. With a $39 prix fixe, that’s still not bad.
I’d probably go with the reservation we already have at The Palace (Mission at Cesar Chavez, right?) and hit Zazie on a Tues next time.

Can’t make it, sorry.

Great–see everyone at the palace!

I may be a bit late depending on how traffic back from mountain view is.

Thanks to Stewart and Rajiv for working on the restaurant front.

I’ve never been to The Palace, but I’m happy to try it and looking forward to this off-line!

See you all at The Palace at 6:45.

Really enjoyed this tasting. The Palace was a great pick. Thanks everyone for a great time. Look forward to the next one. Did we decide on a theme?

Yep, I really enjoyed it too, thanks for organizing it! I’m not sure whether anything was settled for the next one, but the idea of old vs. new world “Burgundian” Chardonnay came up… also the Loire (forget if it got more specific than that)…

Yes! I think we all liked either Loire or Burgundian-style Chardonnay. Any thoughts?

We also thought book a Tuesday at Zazie?

I will be gone for two weeks soon (vacation to Paris and Tuscany!), but include me in whatever thread starts, please!

I vote Burgundian style Chardonnay!