San Francisco - August 26 [Updated]

I think Leonard and Leon are two different persons :wink: :wink:

True enough; I’m not Leon.

I’m not Leonard either. Although I’ve often felt I could do with an extra consonant.

I was just trying to get more activity to the thread [cheers.gif]

Should be calling the restaurants these 2 days. Will update y’all soon.

Cheers!

Talked to Canela and scored a great corkage-free deal. Horray!!

Thanks Cindy; great job!

Include me please!

Unfortunately, I have to drop out. I just got my call schedule and I’m on nights all that week. If you do another week, let me know.

Noooooo!! Who’s going to take notes then?!? [wink.gif] [wink.gif] Seriously, bummer that you won’t be making this one.

• J

I’m super-bummed too that I won’t be making this one. Selosse is my absolute favorite champagne producer. And I had already pulled some Yquem for the dinner…

Alas, apparently my patients need me, so duty calls.

OK, two weeks to the date, what’s everyone bringing?

dilemma - prefer not to bring French or Napa but only have those in the cellar. So still deciding on whether to buy or not. Will share when I have somewhat narrowed down to 2 or 3.

I am not able to attend the week of the 26th but if this moves or you do another one I’d like to try and attend one of these.

Hi,

I would love to join. Many goodies in my cellar to share.

• Richard

Like they say, the first duty of wine is to be red, and the second to be Burgundy.

Not French or Napa … Yes that limits choices in this price range!

Would folks be interested in a mini-vertical such as

Chateau Margaux 1979 and 1995 (possibly with 2005, may not be able to get it out of long term storage)

Or

Robert Groffier Chambertin Clos de Beze 1995 - 1996 - 1997

?

I can’t help to choose the Margauxs because one of them is my birth year flirtysmile (just 2 more years and I will be able to drink legally!)

I expect I’ll be bringing Napa or Bordeaux as well, given the expected $150.00 market rate or release price (I don’t collect Burgundy).

This post is going to kill me. A Chateau Margaux vertical? Really?

I swear, if you guys want to push this back a week, I’ll throw in an Yquem vertical…

Or at the very least, we should do this theme again, very soon. =)

Just don’t move it past Sept. 8th. Or have two of these. If there’s Ch. Margaux or Ch. D’Yquem, I’ll dig through the cellar.