Rhys Tasting For The OC--Part 2....Saturday, 1/17 @ My Place

Arnie, sorry you guys cannot make it. Thanks for getting back with us.

Andrew, you’re confirmed. Please tell me if you are bringing Sabha or not.

OK, I’ll check to see if Sahba can make it.

Everyone…hi. Let’s get some discussion now going related to the wines, as we can finalize attendance at the same time. We have 9 people right now, perhaps 10 if Sabha joins us.

If we target for 10-12 bottles, we should peel back which ones we want to do. How about this as a first pass:

Horseshoe Syrah…how about 3 years? 2007, 2009 and 2011.
Bearwallow Pinot…how about 2010 and 2012?
2008 and 2009…how about Horseshoe, Family Farm and Swan Terrace for each?

Dana will not be joining us as she will be in the middle of a job transition in her company at this time.

What is the thinking behind doing different vintages for the Bearwallow as opposed to including them in the 2008 and 2009 flights?

Me, thinking? [swoon.gif]

Brian, I opted to pass on the 08 b/c of vine age and fires that year, and 09 b/c I have had the wine on 2 occasions and didn’t care for it (my notes on CT 'splain the reasons). I figured that would leave us 2010 and 2012 as good comparisons. But, as much as I am the host, I be part of the group too and would be good with the group’s direction. Just offering my rationale.

That rationale makes sense to me!!

I can contribute anything from your list EXCEPT the syrahs, the 2008 Family Farm or the 2012 Bearwallow. Let’s divide them up.

Brian, I have 11 wines recommended for the event so to help keep track, I’ll put everything in Post #1. Please visit that post and see where we stand versus what you own and then post what you will bring.

I will get us kicked off and contribute the 2009 Swan Terrace.

Frank, I would be happy to contribute the 2008 and 2009 Family Farm.

Paul, dig it. Very generous of you, buddy.

I can add the 2009 Horseshoe Syrah and have doubles of the 07/08/10 if needed. No 2011 in my cellar and only 8 bottles in CT, so not sure if this has been released. I am certain that I have some of the Pinot Noir called out if needed.
Dana will not be joining us as she is in the middle of a job transition so there is an open seat.

Sorry, family in town this week and a nasty cold + antibiotics.

Not yet sure about Sahba, but I can bring either the 2007 or 2009 Horseshoe Syrah.

I will bring the 2008 and 2009 Horseshoe pinots

I’m in for the 08&09 horseshoe pinots.

Change that… I will bring bear wallows.

Bryan, for the Bearwallow, you mean the 2010 and 2012, right?

Mike, we will take your 2009 Shoe Syrah. Call that done. And to the 2011 Shoe Syrah, you’re right. I think this coming release. Let’s have a look at the 2008 instead. I’ll change the specs on the wines we need.

We’ll miss Mrs. 'King–tell her hello from us, OK.

Feel better, A. We’ll take your 2007 Shoe Syrah, pal.

Frank…I don’t have the 12 but I have the 10 bearwallow. I could try to source/trade for it or bring something else. Unfortunately no swan for me…not baller enough and have never been offered.

Sorry, when I saw your second post and you saying you would take the Bearwallow, then I assumed you had both. I have a 12 Bearwallow if you want to trade me for it. Bring the 10 for sure, and then tell me if you want to trade.