Rhys summer offer is live

I did not. I decided to lean on Shoe and Skyline, Mr Rath. Probably later on will wish I took it but there is always 2014.

Big mistake. A giant asteroid could hit any day, you’ll never get a chance at the 14 vintage, and you’ll wish you had bought the 13. You’re a lousy prepper.

These estimates are ridiculous.
Rhys has not been existence long enough to guarantee the wines will age this long.

TTT

Alan is right, Frank. The 13 Horseshoe Syrah was one of the best wines at Falltacular 2016. I’ve been watching for it’s release ever since. The best Rhys syrah I’ve had by far. We all get second chances…so there’s still lotsa time to tweak your order…

I could be wrong - and i am sure Kevin will chime in if I am - but I thought they were tearing out the Horseshoe Syrah to plant/graft more Pinot in that vineyard. If so, it may become scarce.

I thought this happened to Skyline; if the same is happening with Horseshoe it’s news to me.

Allocation is held through June 10.

Those windows come from John “Drink this Beaujolais in 2247” Gilman. I love John’s writing, but his drinking windows are beyond ridiculous.

You are correct Brian and the same is not happening with Horseshoe. I will be buying the Syrah.

No we are definitely not tearing up the Syrah at Horseshoe. Alan Rath asked me this at our pickup day so the misconception might be due to poor communication on our part.

Here is a Rhys Syrah update-
After the 2013 Harvest, we pulled out the 1 acre Syrah block at Skyline vineyard and planted Pinot (very densely) in it’s place. Meanwhile we have planted Syrah at Bearwallow vineyard in Anderson Valley. We might get a small crop there this year but should certainly get some by next year. Bearwallow Syrah should be even cooler-climate in character than Horseshoe and pick even later (we may not be able to make it every year).
We have 2.5 acres of Syrah at Horseshoe vyd that is now 14 years old and hitting on all cylinders. I agree that the 2013 is by far the best to date (though the 2014 might be even better). We have developed a very old school style for Horseshoe Syrah that we are quite happy with. In most (riper) years it is 100% whole cluster and goes through malo in tank. It is then raised in neutral (>5 times used) oak barrique for one year before being moved to a large 25 HL cask for the final year.

We love his chard (our absolute favorite) so we bought and wish listed for more. Also a smattering of Pinots which is saying something as my wife wont even drink a Pinot and I sold most of ours off. Rhys is one of the few I kept and keep buying. Got a couple Syrahs as well. Could not take it all but Thys is one of the largest holdings in our cellar and the wines seem to keep getting better.

It seems he might have some inside info that the giant asteroid will be coming around 2060.

Now that’s funny. [welldone.gif]

First, sorry for the wrong info on Horseshoe Syrah; the had heard something about the Syrah but obviously that was not it.

As for the drinking windows, if I live that long, I’ll be 99 in 2060 which means I hope I’d have drank my current release wines before their drinking window passes by!!! Maybe I better slow down if the wines will last that long. Do retirement homes allow you to bring a wine cellar?

Definitely not, more like aging memory on my part [cheers.gif]

Why do I keep seeing the title out of the corner of my eye, and reading it as “Rhys summer of love”?

Man. I can not find the funds for this release right now. I guess I will be screwed on the Hillside.

Nostalgic?

I don’t see how these are 40-year wines though. I guess if you’re not going to be around then, you can say whatever you want!

Where are people getting the information re: Hillsides being tied to this order somehow? I didn’t see that in the email, but maybe I overlooked it somehow?

I am in. I tend to love the Alpine and already picked up mags in the last offering so a little scaled back on this one.

I am not worried about the longevity of these. They ha e great acidity, tannin, fruit and depth. Would expect them to mature gracefully.

Good wine, but as someone else said, I cherry pick them off the secondary market.