Rhys Spring release: Jan 27

Chris,
Pickup day will be March 21. I hope to see you there!

I’ll definitely make my way out to pickup day this year. I was sad to have missed it last year!

Chris,
It looks like I spoke too soon! Our pickup day is going to be March 28 not March 21.

Thanks Kevin. I’ll likely be more towards April. Might PM you about a visit.

crap. Didn’t we just do this?

I understand that emotion! Due to the relatively small shipping window for many states, winery releases get compressed into a 6 month period.
A question for our customers - Would you prefer a July or August Fall (versus September) ordering period so there is more time in between offerings? The wine would not ship until late October or November but this would provide longer between credit card cycles. All input is appreciated!

I would prefer July. I dont buy much during the summer so my husband isnt as cranky with the wine spending. I would definately be able to get away with ordering more.

I’ll vote for July.

Kevin, first, thank you for even bothering to ask this group our opinion. I obviously don’t know the impacts of shipping windows on your business, but from a customer point-of-view, it would help to move purchasing windows to months like you’ve described. January is tough - lots of offers hitting, and right after the holidays. I’d also be interested in purchasing 750ml futures if you wanted to pull the window even further forward, e.g. buying the upcoming allocation last summer of fall.

The first 2 Futures orders contained these wines correct?

Man, I’ve lost track of what I’ve bought. I see the words “Horseshoe” and get all dizzy and such, then my credit card comes flying out of my wallet. It’s some sort of phenomenon.

I’ve not even unboxed the last order…

Lance, I thought the futures were just for odd sizes, e.g. small and large formats, not 750ml.

There were some 500 mLs but also larger format and case purchases. I believe I still have a few cases that I purchased. Well, at least 1. Thank goodness for the insulated effects of styrofoam.

Kevin, are you folks able to ship to Massachusetts yet?

(Not entirely sure I’m off the waiting list yet - I did receive the Fall Alesia offering for whatever that’s worth!)

Hi Richard,
We’ve been working on getting that ready for the release next week. As of yesterday, we will have the ability to ship to Mass, and our ecommerce site has been updated to reflect this. The only available shipper for Mass right now is FedEx, but we’ll be set up with them in time for shipping in March.

I’d go for June. This year, it seems January is the start of ‘spring’. Last year, many moved to July to get a jump on ‘fall’. Looking down my list, there is no one I buy from in June. Of course, if you make that move, it won’t take long for all others to follow suit…

Schrader is the only one I know that offers in December, but that might be a risky move in a holiday month.

It looks like I spoke too soon! Our pickup day is going to be March 28 not March 21.

Rhone Rangers day.

A question for our customers - Would you prefer a July or August Fall (versus September) ordering period so there is more time in between offerings?

Makes no difference to me (cc cycles aren’t a driver for my purchases). But, I think people are more concerned by the clustering of offers from different wineries, rather than the time between the two yearly offerings of a single winery. As an aside, I’ve wondered whether the cc cylce concern has helped to cause the clustering of offers.

-Al

When will the purchases from November ship? I apologize if this has already been discussed.

No matter for me, Kevin. To me, the issue’s more about receiving all the wines at one time and trying to store them all, but this is my little 1st world problem. Gotta ship when you can ship, though! [truce.gif]

As long as the regular offers are 45 days or so away from the futures offer it makes no real difference to me.