Retailers what would you do?

Oh yes, get a lot of last minute requests too, and you do all you can to take care of a customer! Generally don’t have a problem referring to a different source in this type of situation, but when done, it will be to someone we have experience and trust. The experience the customer has based on your recommendation reflects back on you to some degree . . .

I think going into overdrive to get what the customer wants is of course, par for the course of a solid, reputable wine-focused store. Above all, be responsive, take a lead, offer alternatives (if an option) and sell, sell, sell. A person with these expectations is hungry and will view sales as service. Just a thought.

I would have referred him to Carrie, so Carrie can do all of this work for nothing. neener

Gee thanks. neener

[rofl.gif]

My pleasure, Carrie.

I would have referred him to Carrie, so she could do all the work, but implied that she worked for me, so I got all the credit.
[thumbs-up.gif]

Ha-ha! Peter’s in MANAGEMENT now!

i would have told you to refer that person to your smart, resourceful, and somewhat handsome brother, who could have sold him cases of Rusden Black Guts instead…

neener

Was it possible to source this wine from a 500 miles radius? If yes I’d have charged $40k or so and driven around.

Handsome yes (oh no, did I say that) but why would I do that when I have boatloads myself, keep your stinkin’ Black Guts . [pillow-fight.gif]

Guillaume,
There wasn’t enough time for me to drive to all the locations I would have needed to source it from by the time the guy called and also get it delivered to him also. I thought about it [basic-smile.gif]

Any follow up?
Did the guy get all the wine he wanted?
Are you getting more business from him now?
Or was this a last hoorah before his business went belly up?

Reasons for such short notice -

1. Just lost a bet.
  2. Just won the lottery.
  3. both

Dan,
Haven’t heard a peep from any parties I had contact with. I didn’t expect I would.

places like 20-20 might have had it all, but they’re very expensive. I agree with the comments re how the wine would show–all shaken up after shipping.
alan