refrigerator question...

Everyone has different levels of disposable income and what they value in terms of “is it worth it” for everything. We could be talking about DRC vs Rhys here, same level of price discrepancy. But the OP asked about 48" Built-in and gave 3 choices. I assume he thought about freestanding and decided he wanted to go with built-in. Based on his three choices, most people recommended SZ.

you’re not understanding my point. You’re discussing two very different things. Your question to them isn’t even really “what brand should I get”, based on what you ultimately did buy, the question is really “should I get a built in or a regular slide in”. If you had gotten a built in Kitchen Aid, the pricing would have been similar to a sub zero. So when you’re buying a regular slide in fridge and then ask about a built in, you’re asking for two completely different things.

If someone asked “I’d like a rec on a SUV” and you recommended a sports car, the reaction would be the same. Same as when Jay Hack brought it up.

If I were building the kitchen/house I would not have opted for the 48 built it in, but given that was there before and that is the space in the cabinets-then that is what I’m going to do…I also probably wouldn’t have done a 36 range

Paul, we went with a 48 inch SZ 15 years ago and have never had a problem. I can’t say the same for the rest of my appliances.

Best price I’ve found on 42 Inch Kitchenaid Side By Side refrig (counter depth -built in) is $6400, which beats Sears’ price, same unit; $8100.