Recommendations on a 300+ bottle unit wine fridge?

Has anyone bought Eurocave or other cabinets from Wine Enthusiast? Is there a better place to buy them?

Wine Enthusiast seems like the best place…but wondering where other folks have bought from.

Bought one of mine through them, actually went to their showroom in NY, good service.

Yes, I purchased 2 units (around 150 bottles each, perhaps?) and have had no problems. Maybe 2-1/2 years ago. WE had great communication and delivered quickly. I also have a Transtherm…maybe 10 years? No issues. Also a Sub-zero, taken at a local auction 15 years ago, at least. It came filled with wine from BV. That was before I founded EMH. No issues with any of the units.

(Business storage is, of course, bonded and offsite.)

Le Cache FTW especially if it will be in a high visibility area. Furniture grade finish and customer service second to none. I would avoid Vinotemp as their customer service had reportedly been horrific, unless you buy it from Costco.

Search vinotemp on WB, you’ll likely change your mind. What’s wrong with eurocave?

see SENT PM ,EUROCAVE IN STUART,CRAIGS LIST

That’s an incredible deal. I need to find a unit close to that price in NYC

Bringing this back up with a question for those who have the Le Cache wine fridges. Trying to predict what will need to be stored on top vs in the racks:

How fat a bottle will fit into the individual racks? Champagne, fat Champagne like Taittinger Comtes or Krug, Sine Qua Non?

Will German Rieslings stack 2 deep, or do they need to go neck to neck?

Normal champagne bottles fit in the racks, but they represent the limit and fat champagne bottles don’t fit. For example, Ulysse Collin and Agrapart fit fine, but Marie Courtin and Clos des Goisses don’t.

Riesling and similar bottles need to be inserted neck to neck but I don’t have any problem with them in that configuration.

Sorry to hear that Robert. Incredibly distasteful they didn’t inform you about possible changes as you were just adding a locker.

All I can say from experience is that my EuroCave has out lasted other storage units I purchased and thus the real economic cost has been significantly lower. I’d avoid units such as Artevino.

Transtherm should also be good, essentially same as EuroCave.

Also on sale for 2 days only until 6/28 is the single-wide Artevino2 (by Eurocave, ~150 btl capacity), $300 off down to $1899, includes white glove shipping:
https://www.costco.com/Artevino-II-by-EuroCave-Wine-and-Beverage-Center-.product.100290269.html

The Wine enthusiast 300 btl unit is on sale until 7/23, $200 off down to $1699, includes white glove shipping:
https://www.costco.com/Wine-Enthusiast-Giant-300-bottle-Reversible-Door-Swing-Single-Zone-Free-Standing-Wine-Cellar.product.100131680.html

I bought this unit a few months ago, well built. Only main difference vs actual eurocave is the quality of the slide out shelf.

Thanks for the heads up, Costco refunded me the difference.

I was searching for posts on Artevinos and I believe this is probably wrong advice as they are manufactured by Eurocave and have the same compressor (which is what typically gives people issues.

EuroCave

I have had 2 Le Cache Vault cabinets for 4 years with no issues. The finish is pretty decent also.

I posted this in the thread on basics, but maybe more traffic here - Does anyone have experience/recommendation for a larger capacity unit (150-200) that is well-made and look good, but NOT Very Deep.- I need ideally 24 inches of depth. I’m needing to be very specific about depth and it’s harder to find than I’d imagined. Or, I just haven’t found my perfect match.

I just bought this set that is 22.5 inches deep. Hasn’t been delivered yet:

https://www.wineenthusiast.com/vinotheque-cafe-single-zone-22-counter-depth-double-wine-cellar-with-steady-temp-cooling-glass-door

By the way, if anyone needs a Le Cache, I’m selling mine over in Commerce Corner!

1 Like