Recommendations for Rieseling wines

Okay, that’s a “Back Up The Truck” price right there - CLEAR THEM OUT OF THEIR ENTIRE STOCK.

Unless something bad happened at JJ Prum in 2012 that I never heard about?

Nothing that I heard about - and we (my wife & I plus another couple we often dine with) did buy them out… all 3 bottles they had in stock. They kept one, we all drank one together, and my wife took one to one of her girl’s lunches. I’m not a huge kabinett fan so I was happy to let her share with her girlfriends.

2012 is a pretty good year. Our local Canal’s has goldkapsel auslese for $44-ish per 375ml and that’s stellar despite being so young.

Love Leitz Dragonstone is an option to pick

I got some Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Riesling on sale at Walgreen’s a couple of weeks ago. It came to about $7 a bottle since I bought 4 and saved 10%. Usually it is about $10. It is a good balance between dry and sweet, but I would say leans slightly to the sweet side. It is more sweet fruit than syrupy. It is cheap and easy to find. It is my go to with something like Pad Thai or General Tso’s Chicken.

I like Leitz’ offerings. The Eins Zwei Dry is another good option.

If you’re willing to order online - and go up to $25 a bottle, Bill Hooper who participates here has a new operation producing spectacular Rieslings - Paetra Wines. I’ve been loving the bottles of 2014 Eola-Amity that I ordered and hope to buy more soon - Our Story - Weinbau Paetra Great balance, dry with just the nicest touch of sweet … I doubt I’ll have enough restraint to store some.

I love Riesling and love the following

Eroica Dry Riesling
Poet’s Leap (not that sweet)
Washington Hill Riesling (sweet)

+1 for Eroica

How about some recs in the $25- $75 range?