Questions and Answers with Robert Parker

Maybe. My notes just said parents did not drink. [truce.gif]

I don’t know why it should surprise me either… my parents did not drink when I was growing up either.

I always love to read how Mr Parker

1. rewrites history
  2. always finds a way to take a shot at anyone who dares to be critical of his opinions.

I can’t speak to the eRobertParker era, but as one of the active wine folks on Prodigy, his critics were not single men but married men, many with kids. He just can’t bring himself to simply say, “We will have to agree to disagree,” he has to say “We will have to agree to disagree but only because you are an idiot.”

He hasn’t changed a bit in 20 years.

+1

As to post #23 glad to see Bob around and hasn’t changed [oops.gif]

Unfortunately, happy drunks turn into old drunks. And sadly, many of them turn into miserable old drunks.

And a thread like this would have churned out 100s and 100s of posts, in a very short time, when this board was first created. Where now, in the basement of "mom’s house, us single men and women are happy to move on with a chuckle and a quick thought or joke. [berserker.gif]

See ya. [cry.gif]

“If Robert Parker did not exist, he would have to be invented”.

Dave Cuneo, 2008.

Speak for yourself. There’s no need for such modesty when its just you, your wine and glow of your monitor.

2:1 he is a Sierra Carche kinda guy…

Closet hippy, is what I had in mind…

Plenty of reasons:

(1) He is getting older
(2) His taste buds are fading
(3) His influence is not quite what it used to be.
(3) The internet means there are many more opinions to be read.
(4) He feels threatened.

How original! Wouldn’t be surprised if at least a million posters from the Yahoo boards sue him for stealing one of their favorite all-time insults.

Maybe he’s a smartass, and just likes to yank the chains of people who claim that they don’t care what he thinks…?

Wait, you mean he plagarized?!?!? [wink.gif]

I think he’s spot on here, though!

And, this one is clearly pot calling the kettle black.

And (5) gotta give him credit, he’s not goin’ down without a fight.

Amen to that.

This was my first avatar on this board:

I often take issue with RP’s TN’s and scores, but they are more accurate and more unbiased than 98% of such posted on CT.

Congratulations, Gordon. You may have bitten off just a bit more than you can chew with this one.

This is gonna be really good. [berserker.gif] [rofl.gif] [popcorn.gif]