Post IPNC Oregon 2005 Tasting

Marcus, I’m away from a computer today but I’ll add you tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

IIRC, there were 43 wines and about 40 people. Just to be a pedantic pain in the ass.

EDIT: Yes, 43 wines plus the Champagne and the after pour from Jim. https://wineimport.discoursehosting.net/t/another-shitty-07-oregon-pinot-noir/41363/310

No problem Bob. Just don’t hoard the 5 extra bottles again, unless I’m sitting near you. Was it really 40 tasters? Seems like a lot to stretch 2 bottles but then again, the more the merrier.

RT

1-ounce pours give us FIFTY tasters.

I’ll only hoard the Domaine Serenity.

I’d like to be added too, if that’s ok? Bob Wood gave me some of the lowdown on this event…

Please add me +1, if possible.

Is there already a list of the wines being brought? Also, if there’s 40+ people…are people needing to bring two bottles of their wine so that everyone can try?

Well there are 25 on the list already and there is a month to go so I think it’s pretty certain 2 bottles will be required.
Last year we did this blind so we sent the list of candidate wines to Jim A and he coordinated dupes, so he was the only one who knew the whole list.

I thought the blind set-up last year was great. It was a real eye opener in some cases.

Andy, you’ve got to change that avatar. I get hungry every time I see it!

Rick,

Have we nailed down the location, and who’s collecting the list of wines?

Please add Thomas Monroe from Division Wines to the list

Steve, done. Bob, I haven’t talked to Jim or Todd yet. Frankly between moving my Mom into an assisted living facility, taking care of the hordes who must have Heater Allen beer for the Fourth, and cleaning kegs for assorted wineries, I haven’t had a lot of time to think about it. Once we get past the Fourth, I’ll make some calls…

If Jim can’t do it we can, but I would need more stems as we only have some 70 or pn’s from Reidel.

Stems are cheap to rent. We can chip in if we need to.

Hmm, had a post either not post or just disappear from yesterday.

I think the 40ish people and 40 wines are the max we can go and still have it be realistically hosted by anyone and have people get through that amount of wine. Winemakers, APU, were the last folks to sign up but other than Todd and Marcus I imagine that Jay, Brian, Doug and maybe 1 or 2 others would be in for doing this. Patty wasn’t around last year but, certainly if we hosted it again, she would be into doing it. I think we ended up with it last year because I volunteered the space and it seemed like we had a lot of folks coming from the Portland area which made us more centrally located. Don’t know if that would be the case again this year. I did have people email me what they had to bring and coordinated that so we didn’t end up with 24 bottles of Thomas. Maybe we can tally up number of folks (whoever does that put 2 down for PGC and 2 down for J. Christopher and we can see where we are at).

Jim, with the addition of PGC and J Christopher, we’re at 30. I suggest we cap this at 32 to 35, and leave the remaining spots for any other winemakers that want to attend.

I think it would be very cool if we held some “informal” spots for Jimi Brooks, Bryce Bagnall, Gary Andrus and, of course, David Lett. RIP.

I can host,… etc. but will need stems.

Rick . . . Please add me to the list. (One only; my wife would rather drive around the valley taking pictures.)