Pay it forward growler

And then there are these.

Cheers

Bud

I would normally be all over this, except 64 oz is a lot of beer for me to drink, even over a week. I know, I’m weak sauce. Ok, count me in, but make me last on the list cuz I have too much beer right now that needs drinking.

The only draw back with growlers is that they MUST be consumed within 48 hours so you probably should have plans for consumption in place, like a bottle share gathering or having some friends drop in for a tasting.

Cheers,

Bud

Great Lakes offers the same container. IIRC, it’s not that much bigger, volume-wise (70oz v. 64oz, something like that). Buy they sure look sweet.

Gents, let’s not get too fancy. Any non-descript, standard growler is the key to make this happen.

societe has gone to stainless steel growlers now!

Charlie do you know if Eagle Rock will fill outside growlers? That’s the first brewery that came to my mind for sending out from LA but I haven’t been there since the growler rules changed to find out what their policy is.

They sell both the glass ones and the stainless steel ones. Sometimes they are out of one or the other. They also have stainless 1L growlers for fills of The Butcher and The Roustabout. Awesome brewery, can’t wait for their sours.

Bud - don’t you guys have bottle shops down there that fill growlers for you? Or can you only get growler fills at the brewery?

Brewery only Tom, and with very strict regulations, California sucks when it comes to growler regulations.

Cheers,

Bud

I have a few, just using this as a bit of fun ! champagne.gif

Cheers,

Bud

The packaging has been corrected by my office and the growler is ready to ship. If you haven’t sent your address to me there is still an hour or two to get on the list.

I’m inclined to ship today but could see some benefit in waiting until Monday. I picked Matt because he was the first to send me his name and he had offered to get some Three Floyds once before. So its going to Chicago from DC. Should be OK I’d think even if it arrives early next week.

Is there a preferred carrier? We use UPS but I could also use USPS or FedEx.

I would avoid USPS. While it is simply “against policy” to ship alcohol through FedEx or UPS, it is actually illegal to do so through USPS.

As far as packaging is concerned, I remember a few years ago on eBlob, people talking about spray foam that could be used around wine bottles so that non-standard sized boxes could be used for shipping. Might be too pricy, but just a thought.

Good enough of a reason for me.

I use FedEx when shipping olive oils and home made balsamic vinegars. [snort.gif]

Cheers,

Bud

Bubble wrap and peanuts should be fine.

For those that are participating, who wants the growler after me? I’ll be doing a Half Acre growler:

Daisy Cutter Pale Ale
Heyoka IPA
Gossamer Golden Ale
Space IPA (only available on draught at the brewery)
Alpenglow Dark Ale
Navaja Double IPA
Blanco Niño IPA (only available on draught at the brewery)
High Timber Bitter (only available on draught at the brewery)
Chocolate Camaro Stout brewed with Lactose Sugars and Cacao Nibs
Gin Barrel Aged Pony Pilsner Pilsner aged in Corsair Gin Barrels (only available on draught at the brewery - i think)

just tell me what you’d like. i’ll buy in the morning, ship out that afternoon. super dooper freshies.

I have a bottle share on the 17th Matt. Any chance I could get it next please? Would love to take it to that event.

Daisy Cutter, Navaja, Camaro Stout or Gin Pony Pilsner sound amazing!

I can confirm the Navaja is pretty damn good. Matt sent me a bomber a few weeks ago. [cheers.gif]

Cheers,

Bud