Paris restaurants, suffering

Exactly Ramon!

Doc

Surely your flying First Class ?

Responding to a couple of points:

1. Although a trip to France isn’t in the near term cards, the threat of terrorism wouldn’t scare me away. I certainly hope that some of my Parisian favorites aren’t suffering.

2. I fly 5-10 times a year. The experience has gotten progressively worse. Not only the airlines, but the TSA is insufferable. I understand that the TSA performs a necessary function, but a tiny bit of politeness would make the experience more palatable.

3. Anti-Semitism (which never went away) has become more mainstream these days. It makes me sick. I’m conflicted about how to handle it when it comes to travel decisions. It certainly seems like it’s on the rise in Europe, but then again it seems like it’s on the rise in the US as well.

At 3-4% of my annual income for a roundtrip ticket, no way.

Agree that it might not bring them (tourists) back…but perhaps you could bring in some of the local clientele and turn them into regular business. Some business is better than none…

I was expecting you to say at the the cost of 100 bottles of Cayuse, no way !!

My wife and I are taking our 3 adult sons to Paris on Thursday. Wife is a little nervous, but I am not nervous at all. Maybe I am naive, but i am not concerned about terrorists. I am frankly surprised that there are not more ‘attacks’. For a city the size of Paris, I just think that the odds are very much in my favor.

The first time we went to Paris, all I heard about is how unfriendly the French were and how dirty Paris was. I thought that everyone was very friendly for the most part (more so than in major cities in the US), and I thought that the city was clean. I enjoyed Paris much more than London.

Any how, Paris, Champagne and Bordeaux for two weeks. Can’t wait![quote][/quote]

I am returning now from my third trip to Paris since the November attacks.

Le Villaret was better than ever and pretty full at 22:00 on a Wednesday night.
Likewise, Le Verre Vollé was packed on Sunday night.

Plenty of hustle and bustle everywhere that I go.

We are fans of this restaurant, although it’s been over a year since our last visit. It’s off the beaten path, but liked the rustic foods and impressive wines.