Paris - One Three Star for Dinner

That’s a stunner. What was the other 3*?

Guy Savoy; very good!

Looks like we’re either going to eat at L’Epicure or Auberge de L’Ill in Alsace. We also will be eating at Arpege and Passage 53.

L’Epicure is lovely. Beautiful room and garden, service that is both professional and welcoming, nice wine list. Food is excellent, traditional. Spent sometime going over the wine list with the Somm and choose a 2010 Coche Meursault for 250 Euro. My first Coche. Wow! Now I understand. Somm was great, and kind enough to send our table a taste of 2010 Roulot Meursault and a 2008 Raveneau.
My fiance and I wanted to share dishes. Kitchen accommodated us by beautifully plating half portions of the appetizers , mains and desserts.
BTW The Bristol is everything that a luxury hotel should be. Amazing!

Wilfred- sorry to hear about Troisgros- was just a bad night.A good friend was there 2 weeks ago and said it was one of the best meals of his life- and he’s had a few. You sure it wasn’t Michel- Don’t think it’s Pierre

That is a bummer. That was one of my go to places.

So where did you end up going? How was it?

We did a blowout lunch at Arpege (i.e., ordering some stuff a la carte to complement the tasting) and had the best meal of our lives. There are other threads about it in painstaking detail. :slight_smile:

I’m so glad to hear it!! The French can still make you feel like royalty in a way I’ve never experienced anywhere else. I hear Passard is at the top of his game.

The Chateaneuf in the 11ieme is inventive and wonderful taste combinations, great service and amazing wines rarely seen outside of France.

Can you give more info on this restaurant Jan? I can’t find any info on it online. THX

I think you probably mean Le Chateaubriand. Next to the Canal St Martin.