Oxidation/TCA/Brett does not "blow off"

See–Physics is sexy [dance-clap.gif] !

Yeah Greg, You’re right. Exactly the same principle I was talking to.

Not sure if the taster “adjusts” to Brett, though. To me, Brett actually becomes more powerful with air (not sure of the chemistry behind this, but it must be oxygen related) except in the relatively rare cases I’m talking about here where it’s at a very low level, or barely perceptible in the first place and so can be “covered” by other components “opening”.

It’s one of the reasons I smell a wine I’ve decanted if I/we aren’t going to actually drink it for an hour or three.

Of course different tasters have different levels of sensitivity to all these aspects, and others as well. That’s what makes a Horse Race - I mean - Wine Tasting!? ! lol

I’ll have to edit Brett into the title, thanks. Hmmmm - guess I can’t edit title - NBD.

Not gunna touch slow oxidation on this one though. :wink:
[basic-smile.gif]

I was thinking along the lines of one’s senses ‘ignoring’ a smell after a while. The sensory organs get fatigued, and the aroma gets filtered. This would be a case of immediate, strong Brett.

I did encounter a case of minimal Brett getting stronger, though, so it seems to go both directions as far as I’m concerned.

Hi Larry,
I haven’t tried the saran wrap “fix” at all. Seems like there’s a fair consensus here that it’s a mixed blessing at best.

Wow & Ouch! That’s a pretty damned (< this is a damned clumsy double entendre, too) interesting side note! I guess all they had to do was add back some “flavor” after that!? ! LOL
Just one of the “subtle” differences between large scale commercial wine production & the smaller craft-brewed stuff. Oh excuse me - I’m drinkin’ a beer - I mean Boutique!? ! :wink:

[drinks.gif]

Yeah Greg, I think you’re right. This is probably part of the issue as well. Especially with tasters that aren’t aware of the original issue, or are less sensitive, or not paying close attention to them.
Never say never, but I’m pretty sensitive to all three of the flaws we’re talking about here - for better or worse.
You can also “refresh” yer schnozz a little by taking some time between sniffs. 20+ seconds seems to do it for me.
[basic-smile.gif]

Brett be Gone!

TCA be Gone!

Oxidation be Gone!

Uhhhhhhhhh - Let me know if this works?

[wink.gif]