NYC Sat Feb 28 Keens Steakhouse, SAME offline as SKIP-the-La-Paulée

Table #1 is celebrating La Paulee by bringing Burgs. There may be space at that table if you prefer to join us.

I’m with Steve on the steak-Cali Cabs matchup. Northern Rhone is fine too. I am thinking 15-20 year old cab and perhaps a white to start. Anybody for a dessert wine?

Sounds good to me. If we go with that theme I’ll bring the Insignia. Always up for a Dessert wine. I don’t have too many whites but will probably also bring a Syrah or Grenache for some variety

Well, I think I’d better drop out of table 2. I’m just not enjoying much domestic wine these days so it would be lost on me. If I could be 1st alternate for table 1 that’d be great. Looks doubtful to have enough players for a 3rd table.

I can easily handle desert wine(s) as I have a few different styles in a few different formats so I can bring 3 different 375’s (1 vintage port, 1 Sauternes, 1 icewine/late harvest Riesling /etc) I can also bring a well aged 20 plus year big french/cali/italian wine without issue. Not to sound like a snob but I should be able to “fill in the gaps” as needed as the collection is pretty well rounded these days. David will PM you about the LI bling tasting club. I am in one that meets last Tuesday of the month-- is that your schedule as well?

Thanks David. I can also fill any extra “gaps”. I usually bring extras anyway. I also found a 97 Montelena this weekend while poking around the cellar. Besides a Cab I’m also probably going to bring a Syrah for some variety

Sadly it turns out I have to back out as I will be out of town that weekend. :frowning:

Back on my follow up list (as we are getting closer)
Not sure yet what is the theme, but I can adapt to the theme of the table [cheers.gif]

I will defer to Dave Cohen on the dessert wines. I will bring a 90’s cab, a Rhone and a white starter. Details to follow.

UPDATED as of Feb 17 - New York City Feb 28 7pm SATURDAY at Keens Steakhouse
**Corkage $30 http://www.keens.com/ *** JENS COMES TO TOWN *

SEE FIRST POST

Final attended
New York City Feb 28 7pm SATURDAY at Keens Steakhouse

Theme is 50% of the wines from Burgundy and Mature Cali Wines with Flavor
2 - Jens & wife Susanne
2 - Diane Kessler & husband
1 - Robert Pavlovich
1- Margie Russell
2- David & Caroline Lazer
1- David Cohen
1- Paul Raghib
2 - Jay Hack & Rebecca

If it is possible to get involved I would join (solo) I am attending verticals on fri and afternoon tasting on Saturday. I could bring pretty much anything. …may also have extra tix for vert&sat tasting if anyone is looking.
-paul

Paul, if you have an extra ticket for the grand tasting Saturday (12-3) I’m very interested.

Thanks,

Jay: Join us at Table 2. Just don’t bring any scholium neener

Jay +1 and Paul are now at table # 2.
Margie

Just found out I have to work next weekend. Have a great time!

UPDATED as of Feb 26 - New York City Feb 28 7pm SATURDAY at Keens Steakhouse

Table # 1 (Theme is 50% of the wines from Burgundy)
2 - Jens & wife Susanne
2 - Corey Miller, eventually with wife
2 - D. Zylberberg & wife
2 - Diane Kessler & husband
1 - Robert Pavlovich

Table # 2 (Theme Mature Cali Wines with Flavor )
1- Margie Russell
2- David & Caroline Lazer
1- David Cohen
1- Paul Raghib
2 - Jay Hack + 1

Table # 1

Table # 2

Sorry you can’t make it, Steve.

The downside of working in video post production pileon