NYC Rookies Unite!

18th works for me

I am in for the 18th as well and pretty much any/every offline event. Thanks!

Michael Mahle

Also in for the 18th.

New rookie to the forum.

I’m in.

champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif

If we moved the time a little earlier I’d be in…otherwise will have to pass.

Not a bad point…Any chance of moving it up to 7 or 7:30?

I’d be alright with this. Jesse, could you update the list of attendees (including +1s) to the OP so we can keep this all straight? Thanks!

Let’s move it to 7:30.

I’ve updated the confirmed/unconfirmed attendees and changed the time to 7:30.

If you’re unconfirmed, please try and confirm by Sunday. I’ll make the reservation then.

Any ideas about a theme so far?

Some Ideas:
“historic vineyards”
Old world/new world cool climate syrah
aged Riesling
grower champagnes

Totally open to all ideas! Let’s hear them!

I’ll throw out the idea of an, “anything that goes with duck” theme. We can get a feel for everyone’s wine preferences and move forward with a more structured theme at future events. That being said, also open to something more specific.

Jesse, put me down as a Yes, not a maybe. To confirm, the Mott Street location right?

Jesse, put me down as a yes.

Wish I could join in the fun, but I’m at a trade show. From the What it’s Worth department, maultiple Berserker offlines have taken place at PDH (midtown). At those events, Berserkers bring anything and everything. They go non-traditonal. [cheers.gif]

So are we literally bringing anything we want? Not setting a ceiling or floor on $ or vintage?

Maybe we can do a poll?

David, let’s not get too caught up in those minutiaes (sp?) for this first meet & greet. I say just bring something you would like to share and wouldn’t be “embarrassing”. How’s that?

+1 Let’s keep it nice and simple the first time around

Sounds good! I’ve never been to an offline before so I’m excited! I got a little ahead of myself and even created a Google Forms poll… haha.

@ Jorge H. Yes! Mott Street! I’ve updated the header post to make that clear.

Hi Jesse, have you made the reservation yet? If not, I can do it.