NYC Rookies - Northern Italy (No Barolo/Barbaresco) 2/29

Agree. I thought the wines were excellent. We had a very nice selection, the one that has been lingering with me all morning is the Ruche, to the point where I may need to make a purchase or two. Food and conversation all lots of fun though I’d love to know how and what conversation led up to necrophilia? Or maybe I dont want to know…

Thanks Tony for coordinating yet another wonderful dinner for us and see everyone again soon.

Excellent region for sure.

Wanted to again echo what Ellen said. Great dinner. Wonderful company. Nice to meet the new faces to our group. Thanks Tony!

I too enjoyed the Ruche. Never had anything like that before. On my radar for heavy summer rotation now.

It was a great night and the perfect venue. There wasn’t a wine on the table that I did not like. The 2005 Quintarelli Rosso Ca’ del Merlo was my favorite of the night (thanks Matt), showing a rare combination of power and elegance. The 2000 Kuenhof Sylvaner & 2006 Alberto Marsetti Sforzati di Valtellina were a great surprise. The Gattinara(s) were very impressive; balanced and complex. Thanks everyone.

Everyone agreed on Loire Valley as the next tasting at Brassiere 8 1/2. How does April 4th work for everyone?

I could make that. I actually have 2002 and 2010 Olga Raffault Chinon and can bring those. Its Les Picasse

Apologies for being unable to make this one - hoping to attend the next.

April 4 is good for me. Thanks.

Count me in for the Loire on April 4.

I’m definitely in for Loire on April 4.

April 4 works for me as well.

Garnet wines sell the La Tradizione for $18 which a lighter, more floral version of the Laccento. A rare case buy for me in the past. Highly recommend it.

Echo all the comments, great time, great wines and great conversation! Count me in for the Loire valley event. Thanks again for organizing Tony!

Sorry to have missed the last one! I am definitely in for April 4!

In for the 4th!

I’m in for 4/4

Loire Valley thread is up.

Delayed, but had a great time. Thought it was excellent food, a great group, and a great set of wines…

The Ruche was probably the most interesting wine for me, but not the one I liked the most. The nose was the most floral I’ve ever smelled; overpoweringly so, to my tastes, but still made for a very interesting wine to try.

Tony, thanks for organizing!

-Dennis

FYI - for today, the 2014 vintage of the ruche I brought to this offline is now available on Cinderellawine for $19.99.

Montalbera Ruche Di Castagnole Monferrato Laccento 2014

Rich, that wine was such an eye opener for me! Thanks again for bringing it.

I just had the 2014 La Tradizione not the Laccento and its a lot of wine for $18. Delicious!