NYC Rookies - Loire Valley - 4/4

I just picked up the 2000 Cazin, so I’ll bring that.

Tony/Ethan. Both of those Cazin’s are amazing. So glad that you’re bringing them.

I had the '96 with the seafood plateau at balthazar a couple of years ago and it blew me away. It’ll be nice to taste the 8 yr difference between the bottles.

I’m bringing a bottle of '13 Leroy Noëls de montbenault. I had the “basic” '12 and it was a pretty unique wine, so I’m excited to see how this shows.

Should I bring a sweet wine for my second bottle or do we have that covered? Thinking of a bringing a quarts du chaume…

The Pichot Vouvray Moelleux Domaine Le Peu de la Moriette is sweet, so covered. Thanks.

Ok sounds good. I brought a 2011 Huet Clos de Bourg instead.

All,

Unfortunately I am going to have to bow out of this one…

Sorry for the last minute cancel, have fun, and look forward to seeing y’all next time!

-Dennis

Sorry to hear that Dennis. We will see you next time.

Tony, does the current count make it so we only have one table?

Yes it does.

Looking forward to tonight.

I’ll bring a couple of whites:

2006 Francois Chidaine Montlouis sur Loire Clos du Breuil
2006 Luneau-Papin Muscadet Clos des Allées VV

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it tonight. Have fun everyone.

I’ll probably be a little late, but will be there…

Fun time everyone. Thanks to Tony for organizing and everyone for your generosity and thoughtfulness towards to theme.

I don’t have too much experience with this region and feel that last night gave me a good chance to familiarize myself with both cab franc and Chenin. Given the assortment, I enjoyed the opportunity to compare and contrast aging, vintage, different wine makers and vineyards. I feel much more knowledgable about these varietals, however, for me, this is one instance where I think I actually prefer new world expressions.

Personally, I tend to prefer fuller bodied wines, however, last night’s standouts for me were:

1990 Moelleux Vouvray
2011 Domaine Guiberteau Les Motelles
2008 and 2000 Cour-Cheverny (2000 was really good)
2006 Savennieres - Clos du Papillon

Thanks again and hope to see everyone again next month if not sooner.

Ellen

Great time as always everybody. I posted some notes over in Wine Talk, would be interested to hear other people’s viewpoints.