NYC offline

Looks like we are now at potentially 23 or 24 people. Room can do 24 comfortably and probably get 26-28 if needed.

Here is the usual format although I am waiting to confirm.

4 course dinner, served family style

First course: Antipasti
will consist of 3 different appetizers

Second Course: Pasta/Polenta
Will consist of a selection of 3 different Pasta / Polenta dishes

Third Course: Entrees
Will be two entrees served

Fourth Course: Dessert
Assorted pastries, cookies, cakes, etc

Cost for food is usually $75 per person and the corkage (flat rate per person) is usually $25. Total $100 plus tax/tip. Figure the all in figure around $130. Once final details are confirmed I will shoot out another update.

Given the fact that we are such a large group I am thinking maybe we should be less restrictive on theme and maybe create some sub themes to pair with different courses?

Open to suggestions however.

I’m in with a 2L of water–>wine. I’m thinking a shiraz pellet.

Given the large group and the restaurant choice, thinking a lineup of all Bordeaux and Cab will be a bit much, at least for my palate.

Would suggest we mix it up a bit and also suggest some large formats if possible.

May be a bit early but here are a few things I am happy to contribute:

2004 Vilmart Grand Cellier D’or 1.5L
1979 Georges Noellat Vosne Romanee Les Beaumonts 1.5L
1978 Clos du Bois Proprieters Reserve Cab Sauvignon 1.5L

I am sure this could change of course but just some ideas of how we could space out different flights for each course.

I like the magnum idea.

But Suzanne - you don’t like any of the magnums that I have. On the other hand, if you can find another 1990 Richebourg, I’ll make do.

that Richebourg was a 2000 Jay. thanks for remembering

Suzanne,

Jay is a lawyer, so the numbers are inflated by default.

I’d like to join in as well, if possible.

if there is room gary and i would like to join you

Here is the current list, 26 total:

Josh + 1
Ami + 1
Matt Citrang
Brian Zamkotowicz + 1
Diane Kessler
Jay Hack + 1
Peter Kleban
Andrew Kall
Suzanne Camhi
Leo Frokic
Jay Miller
Adam Wargo
Corey Muller
Matt Neel
Sam Nelom
Julieanne Drainville
Seth Rosenberg
Al Antigua
Victor Hong
D. Zylberberg
Cindy & Gary Allweiss

Thinking at this point we will need to move to a wait list for additional although I am sure there will still be some changes given how far away the date is.

Looks like we have 26 or so people attending, should we coordinate wines in any way? Figured I would kick it off early in case anyone needs to pull anything back from storage.

With 26 people I am sure it will be hard to get a taste of everything unless we all commit to large format but perhaps a few themed tables?

Do we know how large the tables will be?

Thanks

We have a private space…they can set up however we like but thinking 3 tables makes the most sense…

Josh and Ami,
I am sorry to have to bow out of this dinner.
Suzanne

Trying to organize a table, so far we have

Josh + 1
Seth Rosenberg
Leo Frokic
Jay Miller
Diane Kessler
Peter Kleban
Matt Neel
Sam Nelom
Julieanne Drainville
Al Antigua

Discussing whether to have a theme.

I’d love to join or be put on the wait list. Is the date dialed in, the OP just said June 4-9?

Please add me to the waitlist…

Hey Jay - How about 2005 Burgs as a table theme? deadhorse I’ve got some Volnay and Meursault.

Is there going to be a fixed menu or just order from the regular menu? Affects wine choices.

Fixed menu…but 4 courses done family style. Will be 3 diff antipasti, then 3 pasta/polenta, then 2 mains (likely the chicken and steak) and then assorted desserts.

Courses will go with a wide variety of wines but have found burg and piedmont are great with the food there and if you go with bigger styles varietals something with a little more age lends well too.

Not trying to make up anyone’s mind about what to bring, just speaking from my past experiences.

Also, good time to mention, if there are any dietary restrictions, vegetarians, allergies, etc just PM me and I will let restaurant know. They do a great job accommodating customization for us.