Non-stick pan recommendations

Love my deBuyer skillets for almost everything but must preheat and use some oil/butter. For sheer nonstick, no oil cooking I use my Zwilling Madura nonstick skillet from food52. Need higher temp on my induction burner, but once preheated cooks fabulously.

We try to use non teflon, and non coated pans as much as possible. Clean-up is a pain in the ass, but then, so is ass cancer.

Cast iron (but even then, some companies now add things to the seasoning other than just oil… go for uns-easoned and do it yourself or verify what it is seasoned with), or non-coated All-Clad.

I’ve been using Costco’s non stick pans and they’ve lasted for a couple of years. I tend to keep one small one and use it for just eggs. That one gets changed about once a year.

I will second Jeff. I buy the 2 or 3 pack of various size non stick pans at Costco or Sams Club for about $20-30 and replace when needed.

Given the price and I can have it delivered by Saturday, I went with the Caphalon Unison 10 and 12" set on Amazon. Figured for $70 if it sucks I can send it back or just toss it when it dies.

Thanks for all the rec’s!

I have these too. They work surprisingly well.

We have scanpans. Buy them when we catch a sale at Sur la Table

the number one pan in that article, Tramontina, is sold in Costco (in two packs for the smaller ones) and is super reasonable. Have the 10 inch and its very solid. also have the Greenpan mentioned and that seems more durable than (and just as nonstick) as the Teflon pans.

These work well for me…have an 8 and 10

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000658GT6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

recently picked up a set of 8" and 10" all-clad non-sticks from Sur La Table. Really like them and a lot cheaper than the stainless.

This is the one to buy. I use it all the time. Toss it after a year.

I wouldn’t say “go cheap” so much as “don’t spend a lot for something that claims to last forever”

I just got a Greenpan at Bed Bath and Beyond after reading a lot and spending 30 minutes with the sales guy who actually knew how to compare all the choices. I use it almost exclusively for morning omelets and I am very happy with it. Those cheapo copper ones from the infomercials that seem to be on sale everywhere are the same basic idea, but they are so thin that they dent in 5 minutes and they do not have as many ceramic coats. The sales guy showed me the two pans side by side and why the cheapo copper one was really just junk (and they sold it for not much less than the Greenpan).

We bought these last year and have been very happy with them. I would guess you can order a la carte.

Anolon Nouvelle Copper Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Cookware Set

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00654ZGKO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FWIW T-Fal is the choice of ATK. Have both the 8 and 10 inch pans and use all the time with no problems.

Cheers,
Curt

Yes. Use ceramic.

I’ve also had good experiences with Greenpan products. We’ve had a skillet and a sauce pan for a while now. Probably the least sticky nonstick pans I’ve used, and seem pretty durable.

So I did some (as in a little) reading on ceramic and it seemed to not get great reviews for durability overall. As in the majority of longer term use pan reviews I read basically said avoid them. Has anyone experienced issues with ceramic?

My limited experience is that they seem to fade quicker but they are so cheap, you can just replace when they start to get sticky. That said I am not a heavy non stick user. I primarily use for eggs or if my daughter wants pancakes.

J

For years we have been using Volrath commercial pans. We take care of them, as in we line them with a towel when stored and use nothing higher then medium heat. Also we never preheat them empty.

They last at least a couple of years. We bought a small Henkels pan with a grey non stick lining a year or so ago and like all Henkels products (except the sushi knives) it was very disappointing.

This year we bought an all black All Clad pan and I really like it. I just want something that feels nice when I cook. The T Fal pans are OK for hotel room kitchens but not what I want at home. Most of my pans are All Clad.