NJ Tasting Group

Just FYI, there’s a BYO restaurant thread for northern NJ if you need more ideas. I had originally opened it just for Jersey City but no one paid attention to that.

I’m in Morris country also, but closer to summit/madison. tons of options in summit / chatham / madison that are close to public transit as well. will monitor this thread, but often its tough for me to make these at a reasonable time given commuting back from NYC, unless its on my train line (Morris & Essex).

I would be interested dependent upon time and place.

Going to set something up within the next week or so. Anyone else interested out there?

Could be coaxed out depending upon the date and location.

These are all good choices. And as Kevin and others mentioned, plenty of other great BYO restaurants along the train line in Millburn, Summit, Chatham and Madison. While I enjoy Arturo’s food, I wouldn’t suggest it for a wine dinner, especially a large group. They don’t accept reservations, the glassware is pretty bad, the only large tables are “communal,” and due to long waits for tables, it’s a very quick meal.

I’m in Bergen county too, same area as Michael Mahle - maybe we can get critical mass for a northern group?

I’d be interested in a Monmouth County event for sure. Thanks.

Visited NJ for the first time a few weeks back. Was in Eatontown, Red Bank, Rumson and Seabright. I tell you what, I had 2 excellent meals at Anjelica’s in Seabright. They make a fennel, blood orange, arugula salad that was the best salad I had eaten all of this year.

Would love to join you guys if I get out there again in early 2016.

Angelica’s is one of my favorites. Dine there often. Did you try any restaurants in Red Bank or Rumson?

Matt, a Thai place in Red Bank–that was it. After I had Anjelica’s the first night, I was geeked and had to go there again!

Count me in if you do Monmouth. Anjelica’s, Belford Bistro or Drew’s would all be great choices. Some decent ones in Red Bank too.

Haven’t forgot about this. Been a busy time with the holidays. I will make something official in early January.

I’m definitely interested in a northern NJ group. Count me in. I know of one other person at least (same area) who’d be in.

Hello everyone! My name is David. I’m new to this forum but I’ve been drinking wine for a while :wink: , and recently trying to get serious about learning about wine. I would love to participate in any tasting activities. I live in Essex and work in Bergen and don’t mind traveling if it’s within a reasonable distance.