Next at Next

He tweeted a picture of some excellent bottles of wine. It almost sounded like they were purchased at Next, but I don’t see any reference to a wine list on Next’s website or FB page.

They were offering a limited wine selection for “Steak”. Is he saying they are going to continue this ?
Last time I was able to purchase by the glass and was very happy.

Mel,
Yes and Yes
But, keep in mind, I have never made a reso in my own name…

My thoughts too. I don’t bother with a place like this when I’m visiting Chicago. Just too difficult and many other options. I understand there are places where it’s tough to get a reservation and I’ll work at it a bit, but I spend plenty of money when dining out at nice restaurants and I’m not going to be searching the web for a pre-paid ticket.

I asked for clarification from Nick K. Will post if he responds.

George

George,

Clarification on the by the glass or wine list for “steak” ?

Chris,

Great. Now that you’re cover’s been blown CK is going to be banned :slight_smile:

Nick - On both. Still no response.

George

Completely agree.

JD

Agree with most of the comments in the thread. I will add that when my friends went for the Vegan menu, they were allowed to buy wine by the glass. Then again, two attractive girls may get more opportunities than most. But, it seems that wine by the glass is offered at least on a limited basis.

Was the wine any good?? Certainly most of the pairings are not…

[snort.gif]

George

Went to Chicago Steak this past weekend. Yes they did have a wine list, i get the impression it is only for the current menu (to replicate the idea of trophy wines at a steakhouse). Predominantly well know Napa Cabernets and Bordeaux, mostly with 10-15 years age. Prices were high, but OK, and probably less than a steakhouse for the equivalent. Krug NV was about $225, which i thought pretty reasonable.

Also mentioned they had BTG, although no prices given.

We went with the reserve wine pairings, and although the choices were fine, the number of pairings was a huge disappointment - 3 glasses of wine. There was a martini to start and a coffee cocktail at the end + a champagne float as one of the course (not sure if this is part of the menu or the pairings), and 3 glasses of wine in between. Interestingly they had a Kistler Chardonnay (in keeping with the big bottle steakhouse thing) that went brilliantly with the Lobster Thermador.

The menu was good, although not among my favorites. The steak was brilliant. 30+ dry aged Flannery California reserve ribeye, cooked to perfection and with great sides and sauces.

I didn’t realize they were using Flannery CA reserve beef. Feeling better about it already

Eating there tonight… Will provide comments.