New York: Rhys Pinot Dinner_June 25th_PDH-7PM

I only have starting 2010. I can take:

2011 Rhys Chardonnay Horseshoe Vineyard or
2010 Rhys Pinot Noir Alpine Vineyard or
2011 Rhys Pinot Noir Bearwallow Vineyard

If there’s a spot, I’d like to join.
Can bring 07 Family Farm and 09 Horseshoe

Albert I will put you on the wait list

I could bring 09 Horseshoe pinot, and if no one objects, I’d like to bring 2 blind bottles, which are non-Rhys but have value in the comparison. otherwise could bring one of the 09 Rhys chards, my older bottles (reds) are already covered by others.

After a little feedback, I will hold my blind bottles for another dinner so that we can keep the focus on Rhys this time. For now I will go with 09 Horseshoe pinot but I can switch bottles or add another to fill in a gap in the lineup if I have it.

Can bring a '10 Rhys Pinot Noir Alpine Vineyard
(rest is in storage. In today’s weather I’d rather not deliver from storage through the fall)

Tentatively put me down for a 2006 swan, I’m pretty sure I have that, will try and verify early next week. I’ll also bring something recent that I see no one else is bringing, maybe a chard.

I can do the 25th. I’ll bring one of the 2010 Horseshoes. I’ve got the Syrah, Pinot, and Chardonnay from that vineyard and will bring whichever one fits the lineup best or people are most interested in.

Is the the downtown or midtown PDH?

Corey thanks for chiming in. Let’s take a look at what we have and i’ll ping you on what to bring.

What? No one has an '03 or '04 garage-made Rhys! I am terribly disappointed. Sorry, can’t even make the waiting list. That’s my annual office outing. Someone needs to step up

Midtown East 53rd location

Jay if you like, you can give us a bottle to try for this dinner on the 21st.

Rhys will be (very generously) sending us a 2012 Alpine, Horseshoe and Bearwallow … There is no better custom service than this… !

Sweet Gary thanks for hooking us up.

Confirming the 2006 Swan. I’ll also bring a Chardonnay other than the 2011 Rhys Horseshoe (since that’s tentative above). Maybe the 2011 Alpine for a comparison?

I think Sebastian is bringing the 2011 Bearwallow, so we can try it next to the 2012 BW…
I am very happy to hear we have an 06, 07 Swan and 06 Alpine Hillside… this will be a great flight.

Looking forward to this, dug out my bottle from the deeper reaches of my Eurocave to make sure I could find it. Do we have a start time? Also are we doing flights of three or going at our own pace etc.?

7pm start.
Bring at least 3 stems.
We won’t have a flight of over 3 wines

I still hope to get the 2006 Swan out but when I went to the cellar today I discovered it’s in the back on the bottom.

If I don’t manage to get it out I’m happy to bring any of the following at Suzanne’s preference:

2010 Rhys Home Pinot
2008 Rhys Family Farm Pinot
2011 Horseshoe Chardonnay
2010 Horseshoe Chardonnay
2011 Rhys Horseshoe Pinot
2011 Rhys Home Pinot
2007 Family Farm Pinot
2007 Skyline Pinot
2007 Alpine Pinot
2007 Home Pinot
2007 Horseshoe Pinot
2007 Swan Pinot

All of these are in cases that don’t require moving a bunch of boxes. If I have enough time on Wednesday I can still do that.

Thoughts on decanting? I did a tasting with my NJ group last fall – we had 2006 - 2009 Alpine Vineyard; 2007 - 2009 Family Farm; and 2007 - 2009 Swan (4 bottles of each, 54 people). I double decanted all of the wines a few hours in advance and believe that it helped (of course, I had no “control” wines which I did not double decant). I am inclined to double decant the 2006 Alpine Hillside (and, frankly, most of these wines), but will be happy to do what the group thinks is best.