New York City, aka Manhattan and the boroughs BYO

The list has been updated.

It now includes the ever so popular Lotus of Siam.

Any experience with Keens?

GOBYO shows them as permissible, friendly (4 glasses) and $20

It would be a Sunday night

Michael,
It’s been a few years since I last went to Keens. Old NYC-ambiance steakhouse. I remember having a very good Porterhouse. I am not much of a whiskey drinker, but the guys that I was with were and we tasted quite a bit from their deep list.

Is the $20 corkage on Sundays only?

$20 corkage is always, I believe. I’ve been to a couple of offlines there, to good experiences.

Michael,
I did a aged Cab dinner there a few years back. Excellent food and service. Very recommended!

Updates with links.

North Square said their corkage is now $20 when I called them a few weeks ago, so you may want to update that.

Union Square Cafe’s corkage is also $20. Wine service/stems were pretty good, and the food was great and pretty wine-friendly.

I paid $15 two weeks ago. If anyone is headed there shortly, please post an update.

Aldea in Chelsea charges $25/bottle for corkage and bottle(s) must not be on their list.

http://aldearestaurant.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All I know is that I was looking for somewhere to meet a couple friends and we wanted to BYO, and when I called to ask about their corkage they told me it was $20. This was in early December. If anyone can provide more info that would be great.

Braeburn reportedly closing.

New additions/reports will now include the date. I added One If By Land with the date it was added to the list.

FYI, you’ve got Allegretti on the list. They’ve been out of business for a while, since some time last year.

Just did Ilili last Friday. Trendy, loud, decent “small” plates (generous enough actually). $25 corkage, but they only charged it once despite 2 bottles. Gave them a heads up about the corkage with the res.

RT

Alto allows free corkage for 1 750mL bottle after 9 p.m., so long as it’s not on their list.

I know others have already commented on the $90 corkage at Per Se (max 3 bottles), but as we ate there last week I wanted to offer some perspective.

$90 is expensive for corkage, generally speaking, but when I started looking at the wine prices, it began to look reasonable. The average markup is around 250-400% of retail. We bought 2 bottles, a Rene Geoffrey champagne and a 1999 Marquis d’Angerville Volnay Fremiets. The Fremiets was $290 and there was an '02 for $250. I had bought the '05 Volnay Champans recently at retail for around $110 and, if i had brought it, it would’ve run me about $200+tax with corkage. Given the vintage difference, i consider it to basically be a wash (ie buy vs bring).

Ravagh- 30th b/w 5th and Madison. $15 per bottle. Glasses sorta suck, but not water glasses. Persian food. Heavy on the kebobs, which are surprisingly suitable for more structured reds. Lively atmosphere, and food is very inexpensive for what you get.

Po, a fantastic Italian restaurant off of Cornelia street. $25 corkage, all times. They have a small, inexpensive list that has a lot of good value but if you want anything outside of Italy or higher than about $65 retail you should bring your own.

Just to update: went there Saturday night and we were charged $15 corkage, which sounds consistent with others’ experience. No idea why they quoted me $20 previously. Food was solid and well cooked although not that exciting.

Braeburn closed. (Click on the link.)