New Haven Ct Thurs July 28th Heirloom

This will teach me to keep my mouth shut! blahblah

I was actually just trying to be humorous, since I wasn’t really thinking about attending (although if you guys decide on a great venue and theme, a 2 hr drive from Boston with an overnight stay to recover is a possibility).

Louis’ Lunch is really tiny, with a limited menu that is probably more compatible with beer than wine. It’s not the kinda of place you hang out to enjoy a 2 hour meal. I haven’t been there for several years, but my memory is that it also gets really crowded. I was across the street for pizza at BAR for a Friday lunch a couple of months ago and there was a line of 10 people before it even opened.

I’m going to comment on the Lima Peru offline thread now… [bye.gif]

You are right about the things you have mentioned. I have been there a bunch of times. If we did go there you’re right we definitely couldn’t spend 2 hours but I would go with the flow if everyone wanted to eat there. I usually do offlines at places like zinc or Union League Cafe which has incredible food but a little pricey. I know some folks do offlines at pizza joints like Pepe’s or Sally’s Any thoughts?

Just trying to revive this … Is there still interest and do folks want to do New Haven or would Milford be a possibility? Bin 100 in Milford is a good place and would probably be amenable

My interest isn’t waning, just waiting to see what unfolds.
I have no restaurant recommendations to offer.
Bin 100 is an hour from where I work and to where I live.
That’s about as far as I would consider travelling on a weeknight.

I’d be interested only if it was a Saturday, given the drive.

You can bring wine but don’t think about bringing ketchup

New Haven appears most convenient would like to do late July to mid august on a weeknight Who’s interested

I am interested.

Bump made an executive decision and Heirloom it is see 1st post

Looking forward to tomorrow night.
I’m sure my wife would have liked Heirloom but she has other commitments that evening.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and trying a new restaurant

I changed my mind on wine choice and will be bringing something a little more special, same producer and vintage though.

How was it?

I had a great time.
It was good getting to know two more Berserkers.
The wine was excellent.
The food and service were very good.

Albert brought a 1999 Bruno Paillard Champagne N.P.U. (Nec Plus Ultra)
Jonathan brought a 1997 Altesino Montosoli Brunello, and a 2002 Leoville Poyferre.
And I brought a 2010 Merryvale Cabernet Franc.

The champagne was lovely.
Albert thought the Bordeaux was slightly corked but I didn’t notice anything other than slightly muted fruit on the palate. I thought it was very good.
The Brunello was smooth and elegant.
The Merryvale was a powerhouse - ripe fruit, strong tannins, an herbal component, complex, with a long finish.

I’ll gladly return to Heirloom for another get-together like this.