New Costco Stems by Riedel

Just saw a stack at the lone Costco in Colorado that sells alcohol (currently).
IMG_3839.JPG

i saw these and they are decent for the price, however if you’re not beholden to name brands, you can find similar quality glasses for cheaper or same price at places like TJMaxx/homegoods/marshalls in different sizes and shapes if you’re patient.

The item number on the costco.uk web site is 1040005. Can someone who’s bought or buying these confirm if that’s the same item number for their purchase ? The item number helps when asking my local store to bring something in …

Looking at the picture Kyle posted, it looks like the item number is the same …

Forget the wine glasses - I have plenty of them. Could you tell me more about their new golf ball with the Pro V1 like specs? I lose golf balls faster than a lot of people around here break stems.

They are currently out of stock online and I never saw them in my warehouse. I am not much of a golfer but my friends who are have been debating about them of late. One buddy, who played more than 120 rounds last year, gave them his seal of approval.

http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Four-Piece-Urethane-Cover-Golf-Ball%2c-2-dozen.product.100310467.html

Here are my pictures.
wine3.jpeg
wine2.jpeg
wine1.jpeg

Thanks

HINT: You have to take the golf ball out of the stem before you hit it.

Reminds me of when I was hitting so many bad shots, I decided to hit the offending ball [roll-eyes.gif] into the nearby lake… and missed!

Howard - This is the article that started the frenzy: Kirkland Signature (vs) Titleist Pro V1

Check out GolfWRX too in the ball forum and there’s a massive thread on people gaming it. It performs. Costco’s website crashed when the ball went online back in December. I managed to place an order over the phone (limited to 2 boxes). I haven’t tested them out yet but plan on it this weekend.

So, I take it there is no way to order these wine glasses in the US, and you just have to find them at a store?

My local Costco in San Marcos, CA had these today. Almost passed initially, as they felt pretty heavy (I’ve been spoiled by Zalto and Gabriel Gold I guess), but came back around and bought two boxes. They will be perfectly good for parties/group events. Compared it to my Riedel Restaurant glasses when I got home. Slightly larger, and I like the shape better than the Restaurant series. Stem and thickness seem about the same, and side-by-side the Costco version isn’t that much heavier than the Restaurant glass given the larger size. For $2.25/glass, it’s a solid deal.

Cheers,

Steve

I picked up a set yesterday. They seem decent and for the price there is no way I could go wrong.

Used some last night and they’re hard to beat for $2.25 a stem! Lip is decently thin, have a decent base and are a nice size, most cheaper glassware I’ve seen is too thick for my taste, but these ones are great budget glasses.

I posted these 3 glasses for comparison
The glass on the left is the Vinum Bordeaux with the Vinum Syrah to its’ right. The new Costco glass is on the far right. Basically it is the same bowl shape and size as the Syrah but with a longer stem.
20170111_130638.jpg

seemingly unavailable at the local hillbilly Costco.

Is that my problem? I was wondering why my golf game s*cks these days. I thought it was my knee and my back. Thanks for the help. [cheers.gif]

Now this one is really helpful. Aiming for the lakes would be helpful. [thankyou.gif]

Please report back how you like them.