Never Using Fed Ex to ship again.

You must be using some humongous shippers because I just did a calc on ups.com with a box dimension of 18" x 14" x 15" for a 12 bottle and 10" x 14" x 15" for a 6 bottle and the cost does not change. I also looked up their dimensional weight policy and if the cubic size (W x L x H) of the package is less than 5,184 the actual weight is used, if it is greater than that you divide by 166 for dimensional weight and you are billed at that higher rate. So you could go up to 20" x 17" x 15" for example and still be at the same rate as any package at the same weight and smaller dimension. You just need to double check your dimensions when you ship, this new dimensional weight policy should not be a problem unless you are using huge stryo shippers that put you over the cubic size limit.

For the styro shippers I’m thinking of the 12 750ml (they might be made to fit 1L bottles) that most wine shops sell. Those are really expensive to ship.

no they aren’t. the traditional 18~ x 14~ x 15~ that Dustin was talking about are not pricey to ship. They also fit 1L bottles. I’ve shipped them via UPS cross country, never cost me more than $35 and that’s with a full case of wine. Like Dustin said, you aren’t up to the surcharge size. The added weight is maybe 1-2lbs opposed to bubble wrap

I know every time I’ve visited Napa/Sonoma it costs more to ship my wine than check it on the plane, which is $35 per. The last time I used a smaller than normal shipper where you lay the bottles down and it’s 3 rows of 4 bottles, I remember it being $42 to Texas.

It depends on what shipping co. you use, and where it is going. If you are declaring that it is alcohol, it will cost different to ship to certain states.

that’s cause they are taking advantage of you. If you ship it out personally it’s way cheaper