N.V BV Burgundy...weird response from BV to my question...

And both are owned by Diageo/Treasury.

Hence, I noted my question to the parent company representative.

I feel guilty for liking BV stuff.

The old stuff is great. I still have some 1994 Tapestry, found recently for $30 each.

I had two bottles of 1969 BV Beautour Pinot Noir in 2009/2010. One was very old but still interesting if you’re someone who can appreciate very old wines - the other was quite good despite being very mature. I love trying old wines like that.

The story about TCA is amazing. The wife of one of the production guys told me she used to call him ‘Corky’ when he came home at night.

I keep thinking BV is the vampire of wineries…nothing these big companies do seems to kill it. Let’s hope Treasury is a force for the good.

Look what Diageo did to Chalone!

Think about this as an MO: you buy a famous winery, start making cheap wine that carries the same label. When sales of the cheap wine have slowed down and nobody cares about the expensive stuff, you sell everything and move on …sound familiar?

Heinemann Mtn Ranch–I worked with Mark Heinemann, used to give him crap about the wine…maybe not the ideal location for pinot noir.

Old BV went down Fri night…for those who care…here is the thread, then my note. TN: 02/08 Marcassin Chards, 78 Phelps Pinot, NV BV Burgundy, 02 Ch.Latour..... - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Old School
[*]NV Beaulieu Vineyard Burgundy - USA, California, Napa Valley, Rutherford
Acquired from the Barney Rhodes cellar…bottle and cork were in perfect condition! This “Burgundy” probably has everything BUT Pinot in it! Super dark and youthful looking…needed some air to really open up…a little old cellar funk at first, but not dead at all. Dark fruits more like an aged Petite Sirah…some coffee and leather, decayed strawberry…old cellar dust, earth tones…got better with air…kind of went in and out of “is it dying, no it’s alive, it’s amazing, it’s falling apart…” Very smooth, but still structured strong…there was an intriguing perfume spice/mint thing that I kept finding here and there…but then the aged flavors would take hold again. Not crazy good, but good enough to contemplate…especially for the age(maybe late 50’s early 60’s), and who knows what’s in it! Fun stuff though! (91 pts.)

You are the man Buzz. Cool to read about the wine coming and going with air.

Great note!

This is a fun thread, all around!

So awesome! Love trying old CA “Burgundy” bottles where you have no idea WTH is in the bottle (and strangely…neither does the winery in this case??)

Thanks again for the note Buzz - sounds like a helluva night!