More Saturday Retail Funnies

This weekend I asked a man in our store if he was finding everything alright.

He was blind (didn’t see the cane).
D’oh! [dash1.gif]

Direct him to the Chapoutier!

Thanks, Ken! [rofl.gif]

We get hockey players, not NFL guys. They buy loads of wine, retired or not.

Last two stupid incidents…

I had an irate customer told me we were an awful store with no selection.
Reason: We didn’t have any sparkling wines from the Languedoc.

Last night, customer was helped by 7 employees.
Reason: We didn’t have any free boxes for 1 bottle of wine, and said she was getting frustrated and wasn’t happy.

Ian,

When Kenney pulls shit like that with me, I just kick em in the nuts. Calms him right down. [bye2.gif]

Did you send them to Roberto?

[tease.gif]

Clairette de Die, yummy stuff but from a little further north.

Cremant de Limoux and Blanquette De Limoux, chicks dig’em!

Good advice, I wish it was him, and sadly, neither customer had nuts.

Ahhhh…so you did your usual NUT check I see. [gheyfight.gif]

NFL is actually a TLA (threeletteracronym)

= Not For Long =

They had enough female qualities to know they had no nuts.

The essential difference between to have and to be.

THAT’S how you end with a date with THIS: http://www.wineberserkers.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5070
Have to go to the NSFW forum though. [berserker.gif]

I would kick Kenney in the nuts, regardless. [rofl.gif]

PGA golfers…good clients…they can even drink while playing…shit it is golf.

FYI, the wholesaler for Terry Hoage wines in NY cut him loose this month. Rhone style reds from CA do not sell on the right coast.

In the store today, as reported to me, since I am with Mickey and Minnie…a guy comes in looking for a gift for his in laws. He is shown and offered to taste a btl of 2007 Clos de Los Siete that we have open. He tells the guys that he is looking for something closed. After a few moments, they explain that he will be getting an unopened btl of wine, not the one that is being used for sampling. [rofl.gif]

I was there today and I’m ready to guess it has more to do with the price than anything - the wines were good, the price was a bit tough to swallow. Probably not expensive enough for east-coasters, though :wink:

In the store today, as reported to me, since I am with Mickey and Minnie…a guy comes in looking for a gift for his in laws. He is shown and offered to taste a btl of 2007 Clos de Los Siete that we have open. He tells the guys that he is looking for something closed. After a few moments, they explain that he will be getting an unopened btl of wine, not the one that is being used for sampling. > [rofl.gif]

You mean you’re pushing Michel Rolland sponsored/spoofilated/point-seeking wines to unaware customers?

I am a fan of Clos de Los Siete. I visited the winery on my “Jay Miller Argentina Tour” in October. We even had the 2003 with lunch and it was great. This is a great bargain in the wine world and production is like 75000 cases, so no shortage.

Also, best empanadas I had all trip were cooked there.

Yes, I had a free meal on a wine trip. No, I am not a critic.

I’d make the same arguement for 90% of the wineries in Paso… [diablo.gif]

Today, a woman in a bikini went shopping in our store. Too funny.

Yes, but will the '07 ever come around?

Email from one of my staff this weekend…

“Had a customer strongly encouraging us to add a large selection of Kosher German wines to the store this weekend. He lives out of state, but would easily come back once a year for a few bottles.”

headbang