Monday April 7th - Burg PC @ Martins West Redwood City FULL

Plane tickets are purchased, so I’m out. =(

My daughter’s 1st birthday, so I’m definitely out!

And I just got booked into something so I need to be taken off the wait list. Sorry!

In the spirit of this being a wine board, the wait list to be taken off the wait list is currently full, and there’s a three year waiting list to get on.

Hopefully next time [cheers.gif]

I have updated the list so we are currently confirmed for 11 people on next Monday.

Have a cold, hope to be well by next Monday.

I’m old, hope to be younger by next Monday.

The Curious Case of Alan Rath Buttons…

Not sure if your list is full now, but I just cancelled my trip to Rome :frowning:. If you have a spot maybe I could console myself with Burgs!

Richard,
You can take my spot.
I am still pretty sick and can’t imagine I will be right for Monday.
Ugh - it’s the one offline I didn’t want to miss (Burgs).

Perhaps, Burgs part 2 in May? (Pretty please)

Easy solution, I’ll go to Rome, you take my spot :wink: Great to have you, Rich, see you Monday!

Have updated the list and we are now full.

Please remember stems and cash.

Look forward to seeing everyone Monday night, though may bump into someone at Rhys or Ceritas…yep going to do both same day, but at least have family in Napa to stay with Saturday night! Will be at Rhys early and then head straight to Ceritas and hope to be there by around 2pm.

The menu on the website is current.

I hope you all had a great time. Crisis at work kept me late, and then I went to the other Martin’s (the one we met at last time) :slight_smile:.

Apologies, I am bummed to have missed the group and missed the burgs. I hope to catch you at the next offline.

Had a great time last night. Time to plan the next one. champagne.gif
IMG_0264[1].JPG

Can you make a list of what you drank?

Here are my very informal tasting notes:
WINEBERSERKERS BAY AREA BURGUNDY TASTING - Martins West, Redwood City (4/8/2014)

A wonderful peninsula Burgundy tasting where the theme was premier cru. The whites were fabulous tonight, and the reds had a difficult time keeping up. All the wines were quite young, but a lot showed great promise.
White Burgundy 1er cru
The Nuits St. Georges was tasted blind.

• 2004 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru
    Very slight oxidation (appropriate for a decade of age), nice fresh lime and lemon; palate has great acidity without being biting, freshness, white citrus fruit, medium-long finish. Wonderful, fresh, and very enjoyable. 92 (92 pts.)
  • 2009 Domaine Michèle et Patrice Rion Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Terres Blanches - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru
    A bit more golden in color; bit of sulfur on the nose, when that fades, nose has subtle intensity, some white fruit; palate is medium-light, on the simpler side, finish is short-medium. 88 (88 pts.)
  • 2007 Arnaud Ente Meursault Clos des Ambres - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault
    Rich nose, slight popcorn, fresh; palate is explosive with great richness, tart lime acidity, more rounded than the Fevre GC, excellent balance, mouthwatering; medium-long finish with slight salinity. 91-92 (92 pts.)
  • 2010 Marchand & Tawse / Pascal Marchand Meursault-Blagny 1er Cru - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault-Blagny 1er Cru
    Aromatic nose with good richness, tropical, pineapple; palate is full bodied, fresh, great acidity, ripe white tropical fruit; medium finish. Very nice. 91-92 (91 pts.)

Red Burgundy 1er
The Delarche Corton-Renardes was tasted blind.

• 2006 Serafin Père et Fils Morey St. Denis 1er Cru Les Millandes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Morey St. Denis 1er Cru
    Fabulous nose, wonderful intensity with strawberry fruit, very slight mint, very slight green, slight floral; palate has great structure but approachable, red fruit that is well integrated, very young, but overall lacks character; finish is short-medium. Very young with good promise. The nose was spectacular 95+ but the palate was of a more insipid character, 90. 90-94. (91 pts.)
  • 2011 Domaine Marius Delarche Corton-Renardes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton Grand Cru
    A tad ripe, but still balanced; palate is medium bodied, balanced but uninspired; finish is short-med. 87-89 (88 pts.)
  • 2006 Domaine Rene Leclerc Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Combes aux Moines - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru
    Compared to the Lavaux St Jacques. Light translucent ruby color; both masculine, but this is a bit more brawny on the nose, red fruit, strawberry, slight stems, balanced; palate is rich, dense, brawny, dense red fruit core, young, approachable tannins, drinking really well now; medium finish. 93 (93 pts.)
  • 2006 Domaine Rene Leclerc Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Lavaux St. Jacques - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru
    Compared to the Combe aux Moines. Slightly more funk, slight brett, slightly more elegant, less density on the nose; palate is lighter, still good fruit but still somewhat hollow in comparison to the dense fruits on the Combe, smoother on the palate, drinking really well now, a tad less potential than the other one; finish is short-med. 90-91 (90 pts.)
  • 2009 Joseph Drouhin Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Baudes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru
    Slightly corked, but still has some fruit, nice complexity on the nose; palate is medium bodied, good red fruit, but gets a bit of bitterness and flat on the midpalate, flat finish. Flawed. Would love to try this again at a later date. NR (flawed)

Posted from CellarTracker