7:30 Tolani, on the upper west side, Amsterdam Ave 79/80th

8 Attendess:
Mike Grammer
Josh Kurek
Margie Russell
Mike Reff - no
David Lazer + 1
Craig Gleason
Mardi-Ellen Hill (new WB who attended ‘girls night out’ with us at Nola’s dinner)
Jay Hack

Mike: I was thinking some CDP’s: 11 Mont Redon, 09 Tardieu Laurent, some other 11’s and a Guigal: La Doriane or Ex Voto. You’re the one on tour, what do you fancy?
Margie: We now live in Huntington, but lived in Northport for 23 years.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Great idea on the timing issue, Margie. Craig, hope this will help you decide to join us for some of the festivities.

David, that’s very kind! The Guigal La Doriane for sure. You pick the other—all of your suggestions sound just fine to me.

See you lot in 4 days

Mike

Folks,
Have to bow out…sorry, father son time. Enjoy

I’m chancing a 1995 Beaucastel Blanc. There’s a fairly good chance of it being oxidized, but the ones that are good can be quite fascinating. If it’s crap I can fill in something from the restaurant.

7:30, Tolani, on the upper west side, Amsterdam Ave 79/80th
Take # 1 train to 79th. And I pm’ed a few other details to the group.

8 attendees:
Mike Grammer
Josh Kurek
Margie Russell
David Lazer + 1
Craig Gleason
Mardi-Ellen Hill (new WB who attended ‘girls night out’ at this location with Nola)
Jay Hack

I may be screwed even before I leave: Flight is delayed past 8pm and looking at the details I don’t believe they have shown the full delay yet.

It all worked out very well and thank you Mike for such a creative tour.

FINAL:
Mike Grammer
Margie Russell
David Lazer
Caroline Lazer
Lazars’ friend from around the corner
Craig Gleason
Jay Hack
Mardi-Ellen Hill

How was the restaurant/food?

Margie, thanks very much for organizing. I had a great time and I thought the restaurant was excellent. It was very nice to meet everyone and to see Mike again - glad our paths crossed on this tour.

Wines were fun. The Doriane was very good as you all said, but I enjoyed the CNdPs and the St. Perry as well.

I did my big ride around Manhattan this morning - 47 miles from 56th/9th Ave up to Highbridge Park around the 190s, around their trails, then to the Hudson and down to Battery Park, across the Brooklyn Bridge and back over the Manhattan Bridge, up the East River to 39th, then back to 8th Ave and up to where I started.

Notes are up:

Paul, I thought the butternut squash soup was OK, really loved the lamb meatball and enjoyed the chicken dish quite a bit.

Craig–fantastic–glad to hear you got it in—a good day for it today.

Just come back from dinner at the Count’s. Notes will be up tomorrow. Also visited the 9-11 Memorial. For me, very effective and affecting.