Mike on Tour--May 22 Seattle, Peter H's Deck, 4 pm

Greetings Mike,

Saw your PM, just read this, I’m a slacker for not doing online stuff,. Regardless, I would like to be a maybe, as I am possibly flying out to London that weekend.

If not, have a great time

Del

Hello everyone,
I’m free on the 22nd as well. Would love to join the crowd!

Carter

So, by my rough count we have:

Moi
Mark Ye
Peter Hickner
Hal Blumberg
Carter Yeh
Drew Kotowski
Jim Diven
Brandon Redman
Terrance Creighton
Bryan Carr
Del LaBand

That looks like enough for a street party :wink:

If we do decide on theme, my only request is that we do that before the 14th so that I have time to pick up or bring something appropriate.

Thanks everyone for rallying.

Steve, I’m still definitely mulling over SeafoodFest II for the 21st…but it may be quite difficult with timing, as I plan to start out from Vancouver Island that day and have to catch the ferry, etc.

Mike

Mike… 3pm might be hard to make with the kiddies…

any chance you can go see the garden during the afternoon, then hit up Peter’s at say 5 or 6pm… and we can do a potluck dinner type?

or is seeing it at night a special thing ‘to do’? i don’t know. i live here and have not been lol

I’m only in for the 21st. 22nd is the kiddos bday and, as much as I love all things Grammar, I’m not breaking into that jail buddy :smiley:

I’m out of town thru the end of the month or I would join you. Mike, you may want to edit your title again to add ‘Seattle’ as it is no longer clear what city this tour is referring to.

It’s fine with me if we start at 3:00 and make it a leisurely afternoon of sipping and small bits of food. I think appreciation of good wine expands with the time available to explore the changes with air, food pairing , temperature, sunlight, level of conversation, tangent bundles, and aural influences.

P Hickner

Well good thing I haven’t completely given up on checking this forum! I’m in.

Mark - Mother’s Day is this weekend. Do it right. Then pick the right moment and your wife will not be able to say no. It’s only one afternoon.

Theme? A couple have asked, but no one has suggested. Seems like no strong opinions here. Maybe it’s just easiest for people to bring what they like?

Peter – thanks so much for hosting – can you please PM me your address? I’ll bring something to snack on. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can bring.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your generosity to host this event for all of us. Could you PM me your address as well?

Thank you!!

Sincerely,

Carter

lol not quite that easy… she was going to come with me… (as we have child care in the evenings)
so now not only can she not come, she has to babysit both kids (including a new born) herself… tough sell… [worship.gif]
i’ll probably be a last minute audible call.

Mike, if i don’t’ see you i’m still trying to swing by Toronto in the summer.

Chuck, thanks good point! Re-amended the title, and sorry will not see you this time around.

Drew, I am still working on how the 21st will shape up and am still hopeful that we will be able to get together. I will email you when I figure out how my day before plays out on Vancouver island.

Ryan, great, glad you did check. Mark–understood, hope you can still drop by, even for a short time. Yes, although daytime would be fine for the Chihuly, I really do want to see it at night, the videos and pics have been breathtaking. Of course, since it closes at 8, I could just wander back to the deck afterwards :slight_smile:

Actually, I should think about that—by then, one wonders if it really will be dark or not at that time…

Mike

It will not be dark or anywhere close to dark by 8PM at this point in the year.

Sunset that day is 8:49, to be precise. It doesn’t get dark until at least a half hour after that.

Peter

Hahaha 8pm looks like 5pm with some cloud cover. :wink:

I have a saying, “don’t invite trouble–it’ll come equipped with its own battering ram” [grin.gif]

Very well, I still think a wider window, if you’re OK with it Peter, will be all to the good, but I will look to try to get to the Chihuly in the morning/day prior to coming to your place.

Thanks guys,

And Mark—hope that summer swing-by to Toronto will be during/for WineFest (OL up for that, though you should have gotten your email for it too)

Mike

Hi Peter,

Thanks for hosting!

I could use your address. Any wine theme? Suggestions for food to bring? Should we bring glasses?

Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Hal

Just finalized my London trip so I’m not going to be around for this, however I will be visiting Vancouver Forumites that day as I depart from BC.
Have Fun

Thanks Del, I’ll see some of them a couple days before.

Guys, please note change in start time to 4 pm, seems to best accommodate everyone, especially our generous host.

I’ll look to see the Chihuly exhibit during the day.

And I will be in Seattle for most of the day on 21st—Drew, possible lunch or afternoon visiting? I’m still thinking seriously of going down to Gig Harbor for dinner that day for SeafoodFest II

So…
Are we Free For All on the wine theme and food theme? [cheers.gif]

No one has weighed in with a preference for a theme. I always appreciate when someone opens a bottle that gets positive mention on this forum, but is hard to find in Seattle. Otherwise, if you have something that you think others should discover, that is always a good pick.
I promised Brandon that I would open some old Bordeaux. That’s no reason for anyone else to follow in that direction. My expectations for Bordeaux from the 70s is for it to be over the hill. Since it’s my place, I’ll have backups.

The event will span from 4:00 to after dark, so whatever food brought will be the evening meal. Any savory snack that can be served in bite sizes or small portions works. If anyone cares to pick up some of the newly arrived Alaska salmon, I’ll grill it. If anyone announces in advance what food or wine they will bring, others will have more of a clue for pairing, not that there is a particular need to worry about that.