Michel Rolland to consult Figeac

Snicker…[/quote

יִתְגַּדַּל וְיִתְקַדַּשׁא.

funny yes…but I’m not so sure its true…

I agree.

Jeff,

It is incredible how predictable you are.

But please explain this. Why do you seem so much more reasonable and rational in person?

86 Pape Clement is quite good; the 2001, not so much. I think my tasting note included the word abomination.

I could not drink the 2001 Pape Clement. It is an atrocious wine. Abomination is a pretty apt descriptor too.

I’m glad you say that about the '86, I have a bottle standing up in my cellar. (Though my '88 and '90 are both buried offsite.)

My thoughts on the 2001. 2001 Bordeaux - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

I guess they have gone from boring to completely the same as about fifty other wines around the world. The good news if you can’t afford Figeac you can buy a bottle of Long Shadows Pedastal and get the exact same flavor.

Have we achieved a minyan yet?

With the change in the management team a few weeks ago, it was clear that something like that would happen. I was at Figeac the day the new St. Emilion classification was announced last year. They were very depressed about not being promoted.

Figeac IMO has been underperforming for years but I doubt this is the right answer.

+1

Recently tasted 2009 Angelus. Not impressive at all.

Howard, I would make the exact same observation in person. No doubt, Figeac has its fans. I would think you would enjoy the wine, a lot more than I would. Does everyone need to like the same wines?

No, which is why we like Figeac the way it was [snort.gif]

Darn Sephardim, mispronouncing everything…

1998 was, IMO the turning point vintage and the last one (though already moving towards an undeniably modern style) that I enjoyed.

Message retracted. My mistake and apologies.

D’you explain it, please?

It’s the beginning of a jewish prayer of mourning.

Brad… Where are you getting those scores? For example, 2000 Figeac is 87 and 84 Pts… 2005 is 87 Pts as well… I do not even have notes for 02, 03 or 04! No time to look the rest up as I am about to catch a plane…

For a quick look at my notes on Figeac

Now that’s funny!