Miami restaurants

Interesting that I see no Cuban recommendations. I have eaten at a couple of places (one downtown, can’t remember the name, and Puerto Sagua at the beach) and both were very good. But I suspect that the real deal is in Little Havana or some newer neighborhood that draws the natives.

Any recommendations? I love love love Cuban food.

Neal,
Versailles ,If you like politics with your food.

501 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33135
(305) 441-2500

There used to be a really great sushi place, in a strip mall somewhere (very roughly) around the Billtmore.

Still there? I’m going back to 08/09.

Biltmore is in a mainly residential area. I do’t know.

Enriqueta’s
Little Bread Cuban Shop
El Palacio de los Jugos

Frankly, I’m not sure there are a lot of “great” Cuban places any more. There are a number of excellent neighborhood places that, if close enough, are worth visiting. But the segment of “other” Latin cuisine is far superior IMO.

Thanks John and Ned. The issue is that in DC we have excellent to outstanding Latin food from all over, but decidedly poor alternatives for Cuban. When I travel, I try to find something excellent that I can’t get at home.

Yes it’s called Matsuri. In Redbird shopping center. Sw 40th street and 57th avenue. Excellent sushi.

Versailles food has been bad of late. Not sure why but for my $$ La Rosa on NW 7th street and 41st avers very good…even my Cuban Mom likes it [snort.gif]

Yes!