Massive Score from Jeb for Paso Cab

I am sure the people who own Fiji Water are excited.

I’m visiting DAOU in about a month. Another winemaker recommended DAOU, so I have not prior experience with them. Theif website says Soul of a Lion is out of stock. Maybe they will have a bottle at the tasting room.

k.

FWIW, I visited Daou about three years ago with Eric Anderson and a group of people. Eric did a write-up for his Grape-Nutz.com website:
Visit to Daou Vineyard

Daniel Daou

Daniel has interesting family history.

Exactly, this sums it up nicely.

I was just there last weekend and stayed for lunch. Service and wine were fantastic, and they brought out several not listed in the notes. They had no Soul of a Lion to pour or purchase, unfortunately.

Our Costco in San Luis Obispo had large formats of the Soul of a Lion (not sure what vintage) and the Daou estate cab around the holidays last year, and they’ve either kept trickling through or they’ve hung around for a while…there might still even be some there.

I tasted up at Daou a couple of times back in ~2010 when they were just starting to transition into using estate fruit and talked with Daniel, and he seems to be a genuinely nice guy. The wines are generally priced above what I’d be willing to pay, though.

They only released one year of Soul so far.

I guess it must have been the 2010, then.

I mentioned being unsure of the vintage since there are people on CT listing the 2012 in their cellars. Looking more closely, most of those bottles are listed as pending, and some of the others seem to be the 2010 mis-entered based on their purchase dates. Anyway…

Yadda, yadda