Los Angeles: Seeking (Non-Baller) Tasting Group - INTRO DINNER 8/22

Rose and Vine and Marvin sound good…pretty sure we have nothing planned on the 22nd. So is this non-baller/quasi baller??

I’m good with the 22nd as well.

“A Food Affair,” at 1515 S. Robertson (just south of Pico), has great food and charges no corkage fees. A reservation would need to be made well in advance, as it is not a big place.

Too early to discuss a theme? Village level Burg? 4th & 5th growth BDX? CdP <$60

Wife apparently made other plans that night. Definitely in for the next one though.

Food Affair sounds good if that works for everybody else. Let’s get a roll call going so we can make a reservation. I’m flying solo.

Theme-wise: I’ll second chris’s suggestiin of village level burg (either on its own or if any interest together with 1er cru which is doable under $60 in the cote de beaune). I’ll also offer up northern Rhone - any of St. Joe, cornas and cote rotie (either one on their own or all together).

Looking fwd!

Great Levi - we’re in (2 people) - and I love the village / 1er burg theme - northern Rhone is great too - will now have to think about what to bring…!

Great - I’ve updated the original post with a roll call. Once we hear back from those who’ve expressed interest, we can set up a reservation (sounds like Food Affair, unless anyone objects or has a better idea) and then settle on a theme, followed by list of expected bottles.

Me + 1

Food Affair looks great

We have a pretty busy August and Sept, so I’ll have to look over the calendar with my wife. I would typically be a +1 as my wife Mary is in the wine biz and likes to go to the offlines.

Food Affair is a good spot for offlines. We’ve done 3-4 there. The food is good, though not great. Bu it’s reasonably priced and wine friendly. They are very corkage-friendly. In the past we’ve just paid a flat fee per attendee which is something nominal like $5. I can’t recall exactly what stems they have, but I recall just bringing a box of balloons.

OK - keep us posted. Will look fwd to catching u another time if it doesn’t work out this time.

Re: stems: sounds like a good idea for everyone to bring their own stems. I’ll probably bring 2 or 3.

In Sonoma on the date but my wife and I would ne interested in the future,

Can’t make it on that date… But I’d love to join another time!

JF

Andrea and I are it, sorry for the late reply just had to make sure the date did not conflict with my daughters birthday. Now to decide on what wines.

Great - will be good to see you again, Scott.

I’ve +1’ed myself as well - will either bring my wife if she wants to watch other ppl drink wine or bring a friend.

Doug - would you mind setting up the reservation since you’ve dealt with these folks before? Should we say 10 in case we get 2 more?

Theme: what’s the verdict?

I might be interested and will come single as I’m alone that weekend.
Fine with Burg, Bdx, or CA theme.

Great - I’ll put you down on the roll call. Keep us posted once you finalize.

I’m a west sider (Playa Vista) that would be interested in future tastings. 8/22 doesn’t work this time for me.

Damn! If you plan on letting John join…then count me in! neener Might not be able to make all of them but would like to participate.

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

A Food Affair would be a great venue but we cannot make the 22nd. Hopefully, we can attend in the future.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

We’d be interested date and theme dependent. Since 8/22 is our itch-anniversary (7th), I’m playing it safe and saying we’ll try to make it to one of the next ones.