Looking For A New Blender

Gene - any use for the slow revs? I see the Vitamix can run at a much slower speed if desired (don’t remember the rpm #'s). Does this have a practical application? Hard for me to think of one.

Chris

Hot foods (e.g. soup) is one reason you would use a slower speed. The high speed with something hot can create some serious pressure. I am sure you have experienced it where the lid gets blown off if not held down. Slower speeds allow you to slowly come up to full speed while avoiding that event. But you can accomplish the same with a high speed by pulsing so it’s not exactly a must have feature.

I use it for guac at a lower speed. Comes out way better than my hand mashing

This is the top blender in foodieland in Europe.

Afraid so. The Vitamix is one of the best things I ever bought. $350 at costco for last year’s model. New one at $500 is better, but ain’t that much better. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the 10th and last blender I’ll buy.

interesting use. I like some varying textures in my guacamole.

Will it blend?

You had to know it was coming.

pulse option!

awesomeness

Bought the vitamix professional 750 Sunday on sale the cheapest i have ever seen it…2 days in and i am in love

Who needs to blend their bass when they can get a Wunder Boner…

And we love our Vitamix.

Yes, Thermomix is simple the best, hands down.

Not just in Europe, they are everywhere now, and almost every restaurant uses one, if not several…

Expensive, sure, but they are so worth it if you are a serious home cook.

I use my costco blend tec and make smoothies every day. Not a Hiccup in months now. I would have replaced any other blender by now I had previously purchased

Vitamix and my wife loves it.

JD

Yesterday the cast on my left hand came off giving me back some fingers for my inept typing. Tonight while unpacking a 1000hp Ninja I cut the pad off my left thump. Just back from the ER, thumb throbbing. Thought I would get in a report here.
The Ninja is a monster though as I turned eight cups of ice cubes to snow in less then 30 seconds. I look forward to doing some interesting stuff with the exclusion of Bloody Mary’s [wink.gif]
BTW, with a Bed & Bath 20% off coupon cost $80.

We do use the Ninja for crushing ice. Vitamix for everything else. Low speeds are useful for creating emulsions like aioli or mayonnaise.

email today from Thermomix: Thank you for your request regarding the Vorwerk Thermomix.

Unfortunately, due to tight US regulations, Vorwerk International decided not to deliver and sell Thermomix TM 31 into the USA. Thermomix TM 31 was not developed for the US market. Vorwerk USA sold our last TM21 (the model previous to the TM31) in 2004 and remains here for after sales of products sold prior to 2004.

At this time you cannot purchase the Thermomix anywhere in the USA. Additionally, machines in the 230V version bought in Europe and many other 230V countries cannot be used in the US (120V), even with a transformer, due to the difference in hertz and they do not meet UL requests. There is, for that reason, no after sales service in the US. In addition to that Vorwerk denies any product liability for machines bought in any another country but used in the United States.

However we are considering the US a very potential and attractive market for the future. In that sense, I might ask for permission to store your e-mail, so that we can inform you, when we are progressing or starting some research activities.
Best regards,
Aline Martin
Office Manager

We very recently replaced our Breville with a VitaMix. We really liked the Breville but my wife insists that the upgrade was worth it. The Breville is a bit louder than the VitaMix and it doesn’t blend things as smoothly. The VitaMix has more capabilities too.

Can’t you get them in Canada?