Livin' on the Edge in Northern Sonoma (Dirty&Rowdy, Ultramarine/Cruse, Ceritas, Enfield, Salinia)

A somm friend here in Chicago is very excited about Ultramarine and urged me to sign up for the list.

I signed up Monday night, after the offer went out to the mailing list. I haven’t heard anything back from Ultramarine yet. With only 220 cases in the initial release, I hope there will be some wine leftover for me, after the initial response to the offer.

If anyone received the offer but doesn’t want to take a whole six-pack, I’d be happy to take up the slack.

I got my reply back from Ultramarine last night, took about 24 hours to get the invoice email. Order number 42. I’ve been anticipating this wine all year, I passed on several releases to save funds for this.

So, you’re saying there’s a chance then? champagne.gif

Order # 24

Always looking for new grower bubbles.

Just a heads up on Ultramarine-- I replied directly to the offering email and hadn’t heard anything so I sent a separate email checking in… Seems my initial reply was sent to spam so if you did the same and haven’t heard you may want to check in via email, etc.

And Ross, thank you for these notes! I hadn’t heard about Ultramarine and it seems like an intriguing project.

Had a chance to taste the Enfield stuff just after Ross and the Dirty and Rowdy stuff at the same time. Beautiful wines all with a special nod to the D&R chard. and Evangelo Mourvedre, both still in barrel.
Also, bought a case of the Cruse syrah (at that price, the ultimate no brainier) and some of the Ultramarine bubbles. Michael is on fire.
Ross good to meet you and Jeff - hope to see you again soon.
Best, Jim

Ultramarine is available at best wines online today for $49…perfect.

Anyone know when these will ship to those who bought direct?

Fantastic write-up, and I needed a spot to share this older article on Valdiguie (formerly Napa Gamay):

Thanks Drew! Cool article. I have to say, the wines from these guys have only been getting better with each vintage. And the 2014 Heintz Pinot Noir from Ultramarine (not sprakling) is a unique and compelling wine for California. Kind of reminded me of the crazy Chavignol Rouge from Francois Cotat