List THREE WORDS in a TN of a wine you're gonna dislike

[winner.gif]

extracted
stunning(ly)
and the ever popular hedonistic

In any nonpejorative review thin is a word I don’t like to read, soft and round are others.

Tobacco - am allergic so it is a flavor I just do not “get” if it is heavily present such as in Rioja
Any or all green vegetables - just not a fan
Highly extracted - I guess another way to say hedonistic

I guess these all kind of run together, but the first that came to me:
Ripe
Hot
Sweet

Does “pain grille” count as one word or two for the purposes of discussion?

Vanilla
Dill
Raisin

Sine

Qua

Non

Just joking.

“Really needs food.”

Ripe
Chocolate
Blueberry

Banana
Creamy
Piney

Agree with those who observer that we should assume you mean words intended to describe positive attributes. Absent that qualification, I’ll go with “robitussin”; “vodka”; and “drank”. With the qualification - “melted asphalt” (one phrase, and different from Nebbiolo ‘tar’); “mouth-coating”; “buttery”.

Green
Graphite
Lead Pencil

I don’t want my red wine to be green. I don’t want it to smell like 3rd grade detention either.

Barnyard
Leather
Balsamic and its variants (eucalyptus, menthol, cedar…)

I

HATE

THIS

40th

Anniversary

Parker

Smooth
Legs
Grapey

Actually those things all say more about the taster than the wine.

+1

could not have found three better words.

Excerpts of a professional TN from a wine email offer today (which I won’t be ordering):

Full-bodied, viscous … blast of fruit, glycerin and heady alcohol …rich … for pleasure seekers

Had to be you or Michael being difficult. Obviously I didn’t mean 0% new oak. But you knew that.

As for the note on geek wines with a cult following, I have no doubt you’re right. Fortunately I haven’t seen those geek wines in my daily blasts, so ignorance is bliss in this case.

I don’t think of eucalyptus, menthol and cedar as in any way related to balsamic. In fact, while I don’t generaly care for balsamic (which I sometimes note in older wines), eucalyptus/menthol is a note that I genuinely like and seek out.