Let's Give Thanks--Post A Pinot Noir TN, I'll Donate To Laura's House (11/24 - 11/30)

Anthony, you’re generosity is appreciated, brother. Thanks so much for adding energy and incentive to the idea.

Kyle, you as well. I know that you can make a donation of any size to the Laura’s House website, using the link above.

As to the those who continue to post TNs here, just want to clear any confusion…my donation challenge for Pinot TNs starts on Monday, 11/24 and goes through 11/30. A note posted is $5, a photo of you with a Thumbs Up and the wine/bottle you are drinking, doubles the donation. I do dig reading the TNs now, but the challenge as Kyle mentions starts in 2 weeks.

For anyone else who wants to add a matching component to my donation proposal, happy to see that here. I know last year we had a few WBers step up and do just that and we’ll gladly add seats in the boat here to take on some additional sponsoring donors.

Brigger, thanks for playing project lead for the broader effort and getting us all in our swim lanes for the weeks to come. [thumbs-up.gif]

Thanks Brig, for reaching out. Looking forward to doing my donations as part of the VTS in a subsequent week.

There are a bunch of impatient people on this forum, ready to give away Frank’s money! I might have to lock the thread until the 24th!

2005 Arcadian Pinot Noir Sleepy Hollow Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (11/8/2014)

A very nice wine. Friday nite dinner at the club. Very nice nose of cherry and some minerals. Palate of plums with a nice cranberry bite that was enhanced by the wonderful structure.

This is about as good as domestic pinot can get … even if you are in France.

Ah, too bad…I also blew by the dates in the OP and just caught Todd’s post. I have some Arcadian on tap for this evening. If I post a regular TN and no one comments, then I’ll start that whining business again, and we don’t want to go through THAT again. [wow.gif]

However, I’ll be sharing with another Berserker, so perhaps I can be assured of at least one comment. Or perhaps Steve will start the thread himself.

it wasn’t quite as good as the Francesca’s last week. Makes no difference, we are having pinot for Thanksgiving.

Maybe I’ll drink PN every night for the next two weeks but wait to post all the notes and photos on the 24th.
[whistle.gif]

Well, looks like you and the dog are off to a fine start there, Mr Brunson. I’ll be expecting the dog to make sure you play by the simple rules–no fudging your consumption. [berserker.gif]

Must have been a “root” day yesterday. 3 of us agreed 2 wines from 2 different producers - a chard and a pinot - were less than stellar. I’ll wait for the dates and start fresh.

It was a root day yesterday.

I hope this is a joke. I really do not want to accept this line of thinking…but in the absence of all else…sometimes there is no explanation for great labels, great vintages, great wines…to just not be right. Multiples on a given day/night. Boo yeah.

BUMP

As a lawyer, I need a definitional clarification. On Saturday, I am in charge of an entire crew that will be cooking and serving a full Thanksgiving meal - from hors d’oeuvres to pecan pie and cheesecake - to two busloads of families that live at the homeless shelter in White Plains and who are coming to my synagogue for the event. To celebrate a hopefully successful conclusion, I intend to Pobega a 2012 Boar’s View pinot from Schrader late that evening to share with the cooking crew. Assuming I do not get around to writing the TN until Monday the 24th, and post it promptly, does that qualify even though we drank it on Saturday evening the 22nd? If my brain is still functioning, I will also take a picture of the people in the kitchen with their thumbs up for you.

Jay, thanks for bumping the topic. I have asked Frenchie-Poo to sticky this thread to the Wine Talk forum when it is time. For those of you who may have plans ahead for next week and are heading to your locker or offsite beforehand and wish to participate, pull a Pinot Noir and join in. I’ll be happy to honor notes and photos next week, enjoy seeing them all!

Now, as to your special request Jay, consider it honored ahead of 11/24. That bottle will be in support of giving, which is what we want to accomplish here.

So just want to be sure - if I go way outside my ‘normal drinking regiment’ and actually open and post notes on a few pinots this weekend during Berserkerfest, does this qualify?!?!?

You are DA MAN, FMIII

Cheers!

You have a whole regiment that you drink with? We just have LBTG with 12 regulars and a few alternates.

Uh, nice try Mr Schaffer, but no. neener

Unfortunately, I will only post two applicable notes, but on the people with thumbs up multiplied by bottles of pinot in the picture contest, I think I will have about 20. A good part of my cooking crew yesterday was photographed with a 2012 Boar’s View and a 2011 Peay after completing dinner for 65 people from the family homeless shelter in White Plains. I will post the photo and the note later to kick off your challenge.

Thanksgiving is a root day this year. The 24th though is Fruit and the 28th and 29th Flower. So…

Let’s kick this one off a few hours in advance. Two wines, two notes, one photo, lots of tasters, to celebrate finishing dinner for 65 adults and children from the local homeless shelter:

• 2012 Schrader Boars’ View Pinot Noir - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (11/22/2014)
    A very, very nice Cali pinot. Fruit forward without Cali pinot funk. No coca cola. Excellent balance and very smooth. Was the ABV a bit high? I didn’t notice. I had just finished supervising the cooking of a pre-Thanksgiving banquet for 65 adults and children from the family homeless shelter in White Plains and opening this was my present to myself. I wanted a wine with a bit of strength and power and this delivered. Definitely pinot and definitely California, but without the pinot funk that inhabits many Cali pinots and not an insignificant number from Burgundy that I have had blind.

Interesting contrast to the Peay 2012 we had at the same time. That had marked tannins and was much less approachable that this wine. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

• 2012 Peay Vineyards Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (11/22/2014)
    Infanticide. Just not ready. Still very tight but real possibilities. Red fruit. Ripe Cali pinot funk. I would put this away for four to six years and then it should blossom. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

From the left: 2012 Boars’ View; Arnot Roberts Trousseau; 2012 Peay; 2008 Carlisle Lingenfelder Zin. Not pictured - 2006 Rivers Marie Cab - Yum after a four hour decant.

Man, it’s hot when a woman holds her glass with a rubber glove.