Least favorite mixed drink?

Amaretto sour

I’ll nominate the May Queen, a cocktail which doesn’t actually exist but if it did sounds like something to avoid at all costs. The full name of the drink (as any Wodehouse fan can attest) is “To-morrow’ll be of all the year the maddest, merriest day, for I’m to be Queen of the May, mother, I’m to be Queen of the May.”

The ingredients are “any good dry champagne, to which is added liqueur brandy, armagnac, kümmel, yellow liqueur, and old stout, to taste.”

Any fruity/sugary/frozen drink.

A good margarita, I like very much. But it requires good tequila, Cointreau or other triple sec, and fresh lime juice…so sweet/sour mix. That stuff makes me ill, no matter what tequila is in it.

I also had one very similar to this, and liked it.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz Resposada or Anejo Tequila
1 1/2 oz fresh Lime Juice
1 oz Simple Syrup
3 dashes Orange Bitters
kosher salt or sea salt for the rim

Read more at Best Margarita Recipe Cocktail with Bitters | White On Rice Couple

Anything made with “drink mix”

Vodka Gimlet. If you ever had one pass back up through your nose, you never want another one down your throat.

Long Island Iced Tea.

Not that I’ve ever had one, but it just sounds bad on paper.

Close second, Grasshopper or Rusty Nail

Kamikaze - It makes me lose my legs.

Cement Mixer.

Blech.

I love frozen blended drinks… but it’s not really a ‘mixed drink’…

I have to agree with this. Of all the lousy mixed drinks available, I don’t know why you pick a fight with the gin and tonic. I would vote for 1) anything on fire 2) anything wih jagermeister in it 3) rum and coke.

image.jpg

I haven’t had one in at least 10 years, but back in the day I found them quite tasty. That was the dangerous part, because the abv was very high, but it was masked pretty well.