Lawson's Sip of Sunshine vs. Finch's Hard Core Chimera

Have you tried any Top Shelf brews?
A friend recently did back to back comparison of SOS vs Top Shelf Ambiguous DIPA and gave the edge to Top Shelf IIRC.

If you like Lawsons then you need to get your hands on some Other Half Green Diamonds and Neshaminy Creek County line…Period

not even the same beer to me . Other half GD is big and boozy at 9%+. More west coast than east coast

I agree. Tree House, Trillium, Bissell, Foundation are more inline to Lawsons. OH is a different beast with a more raw and aggressive hop profile, rather than softer VT style. Major difference being I believe is the use of london ale yeast vs american. If VT and West Coast IPAs had a baby, it would be OH. The closest beers to VT style OH puts out are Greenbacks and their new session Baby Diamonds.

Neshaminy Creeks’ Shape Of Hops to Come is absolutely delicious.

Cheers,

Bud

Double Sunshine and a growler of HF Double Citra have been two of the most amazing IPAs I have ever had! I need to try some of that finchs stuff too since I totally passed it up everytime I try something new and looks like its on the shelves in MN.

double citra is one of the best IPAs ever. I drank a 750ml by myself and I rarely consume that much beer in one sitting.

Concur [cheers.gif]

Cheers,

Bud

have been very impressed with their lineup. will visit over christmas. have a bit of county line ipa can right now actually.

So I picked up a four pack of the Finch’s at the store on the way home tonight. Have to say in all honesty that I am dissapointed in the flavor. I may not have the freshest batch but it certainly comes off on the maltier side which having tasted plenty of the best IPAs from around the country I would say even with a fresh batch this is too malty for me. If we were comparing Chicago IPAs I know that Matt would probably agree with me that the Citra IPA from Half Acre is far and away a better beer than the Finch’s stuff.

Just my two cents but appreciate the recommendation as it got me to open my eyes to a beer that I have passed over in the past.

It is by far the best citra beer I have ever had. Second best was probably a fresh Zombie Dust growler. I do have a couple IPAs that you should try locally here (including a citra pale ale) from Fair State Co-Op that are pretty tasty if you ever want something new!

On the topic of VT beer…Jackpot! Up in VT picking up My son at college and so glad I stopped to check out the selection at the beer store in Waterbury. Alchemist’s Heady Topper, Lawson’s Sip O Sunshine, Magic Hat’s Single Chair and Lawson’s Super Session #2.
image.jpeg

Nice shopping.
When you drive your son back to college, see if you can find some Lost Nation Mosaic or Foley Brothers Pieces of Eight or Fair Maiden.